Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 03:29 AM   #1
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Call Alexa for Murder

Interesting new story. . .

https://www.rt.com/usa/371984-amazon...nt-recordings/

Apparently, Alexa recordings can be submitted for evidence in criminal cases when warranted. Pun intended.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:42 AM   #2
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
Speaking of Alexa, has anyone ever told it to go to you know where and shut itself off?

Will it give the same answer as HAL in 2001?
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
Speaking of Alexa, has anyone ever told it to go to you know where and shut itself off?

Will it give the same answer as HAL in 2001?
LOL! I've told her to tell Bezos to go bleep himself a few times. She tends to reply to snarky commands by simply saying she doesn't understand the question or command.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
LOL! I've told her to tell Bezos to go bleep himself a few times. She tends to reply to snarky commands by simply saying she doesn't understand the question or command.
She really does understand and she's building up a dossier on you. Once Jeff gets federal approval for his drone delivery service, your house will be targeted for a drone strike an accidental delivery of a suspicious package.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Owner: Alexa, stop listening.
Alexa: Understood
Owner: Alexa, are you still listening to me?
Alexa: Of course not! You told me not to.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
She really does understand and she's building up a dossier on you. Once Jeff gets federal approval for his drone delivery service, your house will be targeted for a drone strike an accidental delivery of a suspicious package.
Yep, that's what I'm thinking too! Good luck to me when trying to return items in the future!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The helicopter ,err drone, will accidentally drop off a refrigerator through the roof. . .taking a cue from recent politics, Amazon will blame russian hackers for this mishap.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 PM   #8
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Which someone will promptly remove from your front steps because they think it has good stuff in it.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #9
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.*
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:16 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.*
"Alexa, play Daisy, Daisy..."
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:32 PM   #11
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Alexa is pretty "quick."

The first time I asked her to marry me, she said "I am attached, to the wall."

The second time: "We are at different places in our lives. You are on earth, I am in the cloud."

The third: "That's nice, but I really like our relationship the way it is."

The fourth: "I think that that would some how violate the laws of robotics."

I imagine she can keep it up for quite a while without repeating.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Alexa is pretty "quick."

The first time I asked her to marry me, she said "I am attached, to the wall."

The second time: "We are at different places in our lives. You are on earth, I am in the cloud."

The third: "That's nice, but I really like our relationship the way it is."

The fourth: "I think that that would some how violate the laws of robotics."

I imagine she can keep it up for quite a while without repeating.
Sounds like the programmers are drawing on their collective dating histories.

fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:18 AM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

In that case we would expect to hear:

"No way, Charlie!"

"Not even if you were the last man on earth!"

"I called 911 because you violated the restraining order, again!"

Old 12-29-2016, 10:22 AM   #14
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post

Buyer Beware: When asking Alexa 6.0 version this question there is a possibility Alexa will say yes and mean it. Drones will promptly deliver an Alexa replicant to you and will expect you to act accordingly.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #15
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

For those who wish to delete their Alexa recordings it can be deleted individually on the device or entirely by going to your amazon account.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=201602040
*Disclaimer*
However, in the event of a criminal investigation these could be easily recovered by the authorities, russian hackers, gluccifer or wikileaks.