Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #16
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Booxtor's adjustable stand is very nice, but the base is not "keyboard friendly". Had to put weight on it to reverse front and back.

(Yes, in the background, a colt came to visit. Unexpected.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Max2_stand_colt.jpg
Views:	1262
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	163677  
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #17
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Could it be possible to somehow use a USB keyboard instead of Bluetooth with Max2? I'm wondering if that would save me some precious battery time?
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopsis View Post
Could it be possible to somehow use a USB keyboard instead of Bluetooth with Max2? I'm wondering if that would save me some precious battery time?
Battery is incredibly conservative on the (BlueTooth) keyboard and seems to impact the tablet minimally. Moreover, you do not impact on the battery of the tablet using a self-powered keyboard.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:18 PM   #19
bopsis
bopsis began at the beginning.

Device: POCKETBOOK PRO 903, Microsoft Surface Pro, Onyx BOOX Max2
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will stick with the BT keyboard then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Battery is incredibly conservative on the (BlueTooth) keyboard and seems to impact the tablet minimally. Moreover, you do not impact on the battery of the tablet using a self-powered keyboard.
bopsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #20
mdp
Wizard

I am an happy and proud owner of both the official adjustable, "multifunctional tablet stand" and the official and branded "metal" stand.

They are both satisfactory, pleasing and effective.
The "multifunctional" offers more nodes for regulation and can be closed to a more practical "bar" format. Its feet make it difficult to keep a keyboard under it, which is instead possible with the "metal". Using them both in portrait mode the tablet can be adjusted at will; in landscape mode the "multifunctional" will not raise it much above 10cm (4'').

I am mostly using the "multifunctional" at home and the "metal" outdoors: it's sturdier.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #21
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
is the multifunctional stand no longer for sale ?

i get this message from the link: Sorry for the inconvenience. Search again what you are looking for

anywhere else i could get it from, if not from ereader store ?

tx
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:21 PM   #22
leojab
leojab began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Have any of you guys tried this tablet stand.. I have been researching many tbs on amazon with 9.5 inch at least length attachment. Please see link below.

<code> https://www.amazon.com/AboveTEK-Rotating-Commercial-Business-Reception/dp/B073WHV11Z</code>
leojab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:32 AM   #23
onyx2001
onyx2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Max 2 and T86
if you value ergonomics you should go for a freestyle kinesis

like https://www.amazon.com/Freestyle2-Wi...JR6HR63R1&th=1

Last edited by onyx2001; 06-01-2018 at 05:24 AM.
onyx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #24
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by leojab View Post
Have any of you guys tried this tablet stand.. I have been researching many tbs on amazon with 9.5 inch at least length attachment. Please see link below.

https://www.amazon.com/AboveTEK-Rota.../dp/B073WHV11Z
I just received the same one in white and it's ok for the Max 2. Some millimeters left on thickness and width.
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B06...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:46 AM   #25
mati_andrut
mati_andrut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Onyx Boox Max 2
Hi,

I own official desk stand from Onyx but it is not comfortable to travel. I fly a lot for work purposes and just love to use Onyx Boox Max 2 as my second monitor when working on the laptop.

I found thist on web and bought this stand:
https://www.iremax.com/products/rm-c...nt=20201963207

Maybe it doesn't look awesome (I bought the white version and it looks good) but with the price it's effective piece of equipment. The built quality is solid and price is mostly tempting. You can fold it to smaller size. Afterwards it is not flat but good enough to pack and go! Highly recommend for home and travelling purposes.

BR,
Matt
mati_andrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:43 AM   #26
xoanohn
Connoisseur
xoanohn doesn't litterxoanohn doesn't litter

Device: Aura One, Aura, H2O, ipad pro 12.9 (2015 and 2017), PRS-T1, PRS-505
Booxtor's adjustable stand is no longer available at the ereader store. Does anyone have a link to a different store?

https://ereader.store/en/desk-stands-23
xoanohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:03 PM   #27
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
I just bought the official one as I couldn't find any other compatible with this size

Anyone with the official stand, can tell me if you have a small gap between the plastic holder and the metallic support where you put the screw?

I don't know if is a feature to bend it a bit and give flexibility to the stand or just faulty.

whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #28
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
I'm using a device that converts a usb signal from a keyboard to bluetooth. Bought it from overseas.

It's actually a Likebook in the pic but anyway...plan to use with a Max2 soon.

Last edited by Waiting4somethin; 09-17-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 07:32 AM   #29
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Now I have this one, which is slightly larger than the Perixx Periduo 880 and has no trackpad, which is useless on my Max Carta anyway:

Anker Ultra Compact Profile Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iOS, Android, Windows and Mac with Rechargeable Battery and Aluminum-Effect Finish (Black)

Now if I could only find better wordprocessor software than the old Kingsoft Office version I have on it. It's spelling control sucks...

Last edited by Lode; 12-10-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote