Old 02-09-2018, 07:43 AM   #1
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind
britesc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
Question Installing Audible on Kindle Fire HD 5.6.0.1

Hi,
I do not have Audible on my Fire HD 5
I have tried many solutions from the web even to install Google Play etc.
But no all I get is an error 505 code.
I have exhausted every conceivable method of overcoming error 505 code.
But no, still error 505 code.
I can install other apps from Google Play but Audible always gives me a error 505 code.

Am I the only nerd on this planet who cannot get Audible on his Kindle HD 5.6.0.1? Please and pretty please, can some kind person tell me how to install and enable Audible on my Kindle?????

Thanks and kind regards,
jB
britesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Audible support is built in to Fire tablets. Have you linked your Audible account to your Amazon account?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #3
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind

Hi jhowell,
Thank you for your reply.
That is how the issue came about. I tried to follow some guides but audible just does not appear anywhere. How can I link the 2 accounts on my kindle if audible is not shown?
Can you please give me some very easy to follow instructions. Big problem I am disabled and partially sighted.
Thanks and kind regards.
jB
Old 02-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I do not know what to tell you. My 7th gen Fire tablet running 5.6.0.1 shows an Audible app icon on the home screen.

Also the top scrollbar of the home screen shows: For You, Home, Books, Video, Games, Shop, Apps, Music, Audible, Newsstand
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I do not know what to tell you. My 7th gen Fire tablet running 5.6.0.1 shows an Audible app icon on the home screen.

Also the top scrollbar of the home screen shows: For You, Home, Books, Video, Games, Shop, Apps, Music, Audible, Newsstand
I have the same menu bar
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:39 AM   #6
britesc
Not Cool Just Blind

Hi,
Waiting until I am sure all the data is backed up then I'm going to do a factory reset.
Will post the outcome.
Regards,
jB
Old 02-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by britesc View Post
Hi,
Waiting until I am sure all the data is backed up then I'm going to do a factory reset.
Will post the outcome.
Regards,
jB
Do you sign into your Audible account with your Amazon details. If so then both your Audible and Amazon accounts are linked.

If not I think you can link your Amazon account to your Audible account in the Account Details page on Audible. It can’t be done from Amazon.

This won’t affect why the Audible app isn’t showing but if your accounts aren’t linked the the Audible app on your Fire will be empty.

After the factory reset don’t try to download the app from any location, instead try to find it already loaded on your Fire, it might not be an app as such, for a section along the top of the menu bar. You can’t load any audible app, Audible is built into the operating system.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, error code 505, install failed