Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
Dictionary Programs (Windows Mobile)

I am adding dictionary support to Freda (see this thread).

Obviously I want to do that by integrating with other dictionary programs rather than writing my own (all that morphology stuff is just too difficult for me to handle ). So I can target this right, can readers please let me know which dictionary software they are using now. My particular interest is Windows Mobile (because that's the platform Freda works on), but users of other platforms are free to respond too.

I will in any case be doing integration with Paragon/SlovoEd because it's really easy and they already sent me instructions. But I'd be glad to hear of any/all other dictionary systems that I should integrate with (and particularly glad to be pointed at 'developer how-to' instructions explaining how to do lookup programmatically).

Thanks,

Jim
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Til a few weeks back, I´ve used MobiPocket Software on my S60-phone with mobi dictionary.
I yet have to see which (if) I would use on windows mobile.
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
My favorite, goldendict. Cross-platform and it has been ported to MAMEO.
May be it could be used on Windows Mobile

Merry Christmas
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
I've never actually used a dictionary in an ebook reader in 10 years of electronic reading. Don't rush.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, freda, windows mobile