Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Question Is there a "KoReader for Dummies" tutorial anywhere?

I tried YouTube but shockingly couldn't find anything there.

I just want to see a tutorial where someone sets it up, how they customize it, tips, tricks, installing dictionaries, etc...you know, the basics. I know I can search here and there to find stuff but I really, really like video tutorials because they often go through things you never thought of.

Can someone recommend one?
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is a WiKi You could search the net for a "KOReader Blog" and see what you get.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Executing that search made me notice https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...book-ereaders/ which I'd completely missed!
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #4
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Koreader deserves better documentation, especially at the "noob" level.

Now, how to install new fonts would help me.
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can also help improve the documentation!

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki

But I think it should just work if you drop your favorite fonts in the fonts dir.
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 05:32 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
KOReader can use both True Type Fonts (.ttf) and Open Type Fonts (.otf). Haven't tried any Postscript fonts. Just place a folder with the font's family name and containing the 3 or 4 files of the font, into the "fonts" dir, as Frenzie said. The naming can be important. I used to put my .ttf fonts into the freetype folder, and that works as well.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:42 AM   #7
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks, guys for the responses.

Such a simple thing, yet how complicated it has become.

First, being in koreader, couldn't connect to the PC via USB. Powered off and back up into KSM, chose USB. This put me in Nickel, and got connected OK.

Second, my font is Museo Sans 500, and it only has one .otf file - no italic or bold. After putting that in a folder in the Fonts dir it didn't show up in the list of fonts. Placing the .otf file directly into Fonts worked, and it showed up.

Third, my H2O2 doesn't seem to like Museo Sans 500. It appears to be defaulting back to Publisher's, even though the Font Face shown is Museo Sans 500.

Before getting into koreader I had successfully installed Verdana on the device, and it works well.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: found the path .adds>koreader>fonts, and added the folder named museo.
Now how to change the font used by koreader to one where lower case g doesn't look like an ant.

Edit2: Can someone give me updated instructions for this?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1254

Last edited by mahtin; 11-03-2018 at 06:40 AM. Reason: got something more
Old 11-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtin View Post
Edit2: Can someone give me updated instructions for this?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1254
Open a relevant EPUB document in KOReader.

Document menu (second from left with the document icon) → Font → Long press on the font of your choice.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:49 AM   #9
mahtin
google this

Thank you, Frenzie.