Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 07:15 PM   #76
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Are you sure that you have got a H2o2v2? This is a rather recent model. If you have one, what did you do to make KSM work? Did your replace the touch driver with the newest version? Anything else? Or did you mean KFMon?
Sorry, I meant KFM/Kute File Monitor not KSM. That's why I wrote in this thread. I didn't even try setting up KSM.
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Bumped the RC in #63. Pulls latest FBInk, and adds a default icon/script pair that uses FBInk to print the last few lines of KFMon's log on screen, as discussed here .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 PM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once again bumped the RC in #63.

It basically pulls the latest FBInk version, as well as features an Uninstaller (documented in the README, attached to the first post).

This will probably be the final RC before release.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:17 AM   #79
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
There is something bothering me. I would like to be able to restart the Kobo without the need to push the physical button. This should be doable through KFMon without breaking anything, right?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:41 PM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hfpop: Yep, just put
Code:
reboot
in the action field of a watch, and you're good to go.

i.e., something like

Code:
; Reboot
[watch]
; Those next two keys are MANDATORY
filename = /mnt/onboard/reboot.png 
action = reboot
Advert
Old 06-22-2018, 04:34 PM   #81
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Great. Thanks a lot. When I change a png image to another one, how do I force Kobo reread the image? Of course, the actual job is bone. But if I replace the image it is not reread, the old image is reused as if it is cached somewhere. I rebooted to no avail.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #82
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@hfpop: AFAIK, the (annoying) way to have it refresh the thumbnail is to delete it *from the UI* (that'll remind you of something from the Kindle days ), then restore it *over USBMS*. Trying to be sneaky will just lead to Nickel shrugging at you and keeping on with its cached thumbnail .

Note that if it's currently assigned to a KFMon watch, that'll probably cause KFMon to whine about a watched file being gone at some point (either straight away, or after the USBMS unplug), which will trip a safety feature (meaning it'll abort), so you'll then have to reboot on top of that...
Old 06-30-2018, 05:15 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Once more bumped the RC in #63.

It basically pulls the latest FBInk version.

This will probably be the final RC before release. (Probably for real, this time ;p).
Old 07-11-2018, 04:53 AM   #84
zavorra
zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.zavorra knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Once more bumped the RC in #63.

It basically pulls the latest FBInk version.

This will probably be the final RC before release. (Probably for real, this time ;p).

Hi,

could this be used on Clara HD?

Z
zavorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #85
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@zavorra: Right now, yes. I'll tweak it later this afternoon to make it actually correct thanks to your logs (but the current inconsistencies should be mostly harmless, if you're in a hurry ).
Old 07-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #86
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
When I change a png image to another one, how do I force Kobo reread the image? Of course, the actual job is bone. But if I replace the image it is not reread, the old image is reused as if it is cached somewhere. I rebooted to no avail.
I'm quite sure deleting the .kobo-images folder will force the kobo to refresh all thumbnails.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!

But deleting a single one yields weird results, IIRC (the placeholder thumbnail with a question mark, I think), and it doesn't get regenerated until the next Nickel boot, AFAICT.

Take that with a grain of salt, it's been a while since I checked. I can only confirm that a delete + reboot does the job 100% of the time .
Old 07-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #88
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Take that with a grain of salt, it's been a while since I checked. I can only confirm that a delete + reboot does the job 100% of the time .
Same with me, it's been a while (3 months) for me too, and I always reboot after that kind of thing. IIRC, going to My Books and flipping around a bit does the same as a reboot.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #89
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
But deleting a single one yields weird results, IIRC (the placeholder thumbnail with a question mark, I think), and it doesn't get regenerated until the next Nickel boot, AFAICT.

Exactly what happens when you delete the cover image seems to depend on if the cover is in the cache. The reboot will trigger them to be regenerated the next time they are needed. But, I think if you remove the covers when they aren't in the cache, then the reboot is not needed. That's hard to test as the act of looking puts the cover in the cache and I don't know how big it is.

Or, it might not be a cache, but an open file handle or something that gets invalidated when the image file is removed, but not checked properly when they attempt to use it.

There is also a problem if you don't delete all the cover images for a book. If you only delete the largest on (used for the sleepcover) it isn't always regenerated. One of the smaller sizes gets used. The reboot doesn't fix this. I did some playing with this earlier in the year to see if some space by deleting the largest image after the others had been created. I was hoping it would generate the largest when the book was opened or device put to sleep, but it didn't. It actually used one of the smaller images and looked terrible.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #90
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@davidfor: In some (most?) cases, letting Nickel handle the processing may also be highly unwanted behavior, if you care about quality (and I do ^^).

Granted, in KFMon's case, we don't care, because we'll probably never see those thumbnails used as screensavers, so the autogenerated ones are good enough .

EDIT: And, again in KFMon's case, when you delete a "watched" icon, KFMon will detect that (straight away), and abort, so you'll probably want to reboot an one point anyway to get KFMon back up .

Code:
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [NOTE] Tripped IN_IGNORED for /mnt/onboard/kfmon.png
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [INFO] Trying to remove inotify watch for '/mnt/onboard/koreader.png' @ index 0.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [INFO] Trying to remove inotify watch for '/mnt/onboard/icons/plato.png' @ index 1.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [INFO] Stopped listening for events.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [INFO] Beginning the main loop.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [INFO] Initializing inotify.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [NOTE] Setup an inotify watch for '/mnt/onboard/koreader.png' @ index 0.
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [NOTE] Setup an inotify watch for '/mnt/onboard/icons/plato.png' @ index 1.
[KFMon] [CRIT] inotify_add_watch: No such file or directory
[KFMon] [2018-07-12 @ 16:37:57] [ERR!] Cannot watch '/mnt/onboard/kfmon.png', aborting!

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-12-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher