Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 05:25 PM   #1
cd2013
Connoisseur
cd2013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Calibre Companion works with content server but not wireless device connection

As per the object. "Wireless content server" works, but if I try to connect via "wireless device connection", it doesn't. Specifically, even if I specify a password in Calibre, CC never asks for one. However, I don't get any error message, the top of the screen shows "disconnect" (suggesting I am connected) but I see zero books.

Any ideas why / how to fix it?
cd2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:58 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
You have to connect to CC using Calibre GUI on your computer.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #3
cd2013
Connoisseur

To be clear, from Calibre on my PC, I choose Connect share -> start content server and it works.

If I stop the content server and do Connect share -> start wireless device connection (even choosing a password), then CC seems to connect (as I said, CC shows 'disconnect' at the top) but doesn't show any books.

Is this what you meant, or did you have something else in mind?

From CC, I also went to settings - connecting to calibre - wireless device connection - ip address and port - and set the values to the exact IP and port shown on Calibre PC, but it still doesn't work (zero books shown).
Old 02-27-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
cd2013
Connoisseur

Ah, I need to send from Calibre PC to CC - it's a push, not a pull system. I understand now - thanks!