Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #16
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The entire life span of the author plus an additional 70 years. What's wrong with that?
"I believe in the after life."

"I believe in reincarnation."

"I uploaded my conscience into a computer so I'm still alive."

Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #17
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook ST w/Glowlight, Nook Glowlight Plus, Nook Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
"I believe in the after life."

"I believe in reincarnation."

"I uploaded my conscience into a computer so I'm still alive."

But then any of those could be used if it were phrased as 'death +70' as well.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #18
Ralph Sir Edward
Gentleman & Cynic
Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ralph Sir Edward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook/Openinkpot, CYbook 3rd gen awaiting RTF software upgrade
US 1923 works coming in are:

The Inimitable Jeeves, and Leave it to Psmith - P.G.Wodehouse
The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
The High Place - James Branch Cabell
The Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator - Edwin Lefevre
Men Like Gods - H.G. Wells
What the Moon Brings, Hypnos, The Lurking Gear - H.P.Lovecraft

Here is a bunch of others . . .

https://lifehacker.com/these-1923-co...-in-1825241296

This will be only the second year that has fallen into the public domain in the US in 40 years.
Ralph Sir Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM   #19
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
US 1923 works coming in are:

The Inimitable Jeeves, and Leave it to Psmith - P.G.Wodehouse
The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran
The High Place - James Branch Cabell
The Reminiscences Of A Stock Operator - Edwin Lefevre
Men Like Gods - H.G. Wells
What the Moon Brings, Hypnos, The Lurking Gear - H.P.Lovecraft

Here is a bunch of others . . .

https://lifehacker.com/these-1923-co...-in-1825241296

This will be only the second year that has fallen into the public domain in the US in 40 years.
I didn't realize that The Prophet had been around so long. I'm sure there are a bunch more books coming into PD, but few remember them anymore. As has been said, authors should fear being forgotten a lot more than piracy.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote