Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 03:01 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Found an excellent Oasis cover

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this in red leather and just love it. It compliments the champagne gold. It has a small sticker that helps the magnet stay in place. Makes my Oasis look real classy and thin and makes the back even with that thick edge or what ever you call it so it feels better in your hand when you read
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #2
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
It is a nice case from what I can see, but I find the slim cases too hard to hold. I went with the moko case where the kindle slides in from the top. It is more sturdy and easier to hold, and doesn't feel like it is cutting my hands.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I bought that exact one made of cloth instead of leather. The sticker held for 1 day, then it let go, and I dropped my brand new Oasis. Left a review, and stopped using it. Got some non-English speaking response from the maker that had nothing to do with my issue.

The so called magnet does nothing.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I bought that exact one made of cloth
I also bought the one made of cloth. I don't use the sticker, because most of the time I like to read without a cover. There are no sharp edges and when you fold the case it is very comfortable to hold. I had no problems with the magnets so far. Excellent cover for the Oasis.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:23 PM   #5
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I have had the cloth one for a year or so. I love it, and was just thinking about picking up one of the leather ones, since there is a 20% off coupon running right now. I do not use the sticker, and never had a problem with it falling out of the case, unless I pick it up at an odd angle. I highly recommend it.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #6
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Glad you mentioned that 20% off coupon, Avwriter. I just ordered the red leather one. I hope it is real leather. My Oasis deserves a Christmas present.
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #7
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far no slippage, sticker is holding rock solid even after removing it from the device and putting it back on. I find it makes the device easier to hold for the back side feels flat for the cover is even with the kindle bump
Old 12-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Glad you mentioned that 20% off coupon, Avwriter. I just ordered the red leather one. I hope it is real leather. My Oasis deserves a Christmas present.

That is the one I have, looks great with the champagne gold. I believe it is real leather. Feels real and it is velvet soft
Old 12-09-2018, 07:13 PM   #9
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
That is the one I have, looks great with the champagne gold. I believe it is real leather. Feels real and it is velvet soft
"The outer layer is made of skin feeling high synthetic leather,"

It doesn't show scratches or marks like real leather and feels soft and smooth.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #10
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I bought that exact one made of cloth instead of leather. The sticker held for 1 day, then it let go, and I dropped my brand new Oasis. Left a review, and stopped using it. Got some non-English speaking response from the maker that had nothing to do with my issue.

The so called magnet does nothing.
I cleaned the back side thoroughly with Windex to remove dirt and oils from the device before applying the sticker and that seems to be the key for mine is holding well. Mine had a stronger than expected magnet. maybe you somehow got a dud
Old 12-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
That is the exact combination I bought back in April, and it remains my favorite to use at home.

I used the sticker myself, as I often prefer to read without the case. The magnet in mine is strong enough to hold steady without it.

When traveling, I use this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PK4W1L/ to provide extra protection to the back and sides.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 08:39 PM   #12
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
That is the exact combination I bought back in April, and it remains my favorite to use at home.

I used the sticker myself, as I often prefer to read without the case. The magnet in mine is strong enough to hold steady without it.

When traveling, I use this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PK4W1L/ to provide extra protection to the back and sides.

I have this in brown I got on ebay cheaper tho https://www.amazon.com/CaseBot-Sleev...s=oasis+sleeve

I also have this in the green and brown purchased cheaper on ebay as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle...tie+case+green

The green looks great, faux leather looks great. the top right corner of the case broke from all the times I popped it in/out the case so its glued in place lol Same with the brown but i like the thin classy look of the magnet one.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
nikkisharif
nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nikkisharif can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekk View Post
I also bought the one made of cloth. I don't use the sticker, because most of the time I like to read without a cover. There are no sharp edges and when you fold the case it is very comfortable to hold. I had no problems with the magnets so far. Excellent cover for the Oasis.

Same here. I really like this cover &!have had no issues with the magnet. It’s perfect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nikkisharif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #14
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
I have this one as well, it was my third attempt at finding the perfect cover and the closest to perfect. I got the one with the library picture on it - also looks great with the champagne gold Oasis. No issues with using it with the magnet alone - I often take the cover off for reading in bed, but I can also hold it by the front cover alone, dangling & shaking it over the bed and that magnet holds tight.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #15
Bilan
Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.Bilan knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just ordered my Oasis and took a Casebot cover too but this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TGJXS5...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Bilan is offline   Reply With Quote