Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #76
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
I felt it would happen, hence there is only the new e-ink app store?

Which version of Android is used? 4, 4.4 or 6.0?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #77
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
this is a bad news, it means that Onyx has created an hybrid firmware with backported apps (from a real v1.9.1) to an old android (4.0.4 instead of the standrad for new models, 6.0)

This explain the absence of playstore app and put this new firmware on a dead end.

Wifi, browsers and others apps that using HTTPS (like RSS feed reader) became quickly useless because CA certificates expires and old SSL standards where deprecated
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:24 AM   #78
fbrzvnrnd
Addict
fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fbrzvnrnd can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Unhappy

Ok, I made the BIG mistake to install the last firmware on my Onyx M96. Now I lost Google Play, the "note" App is slower and with more bug than before, I have no more the OnyxReader and I have not improvement on previous limitations with android App.

Do you know if I can install the older 1.8.2 version? In the release note of 1.9.1 I read: "1.9.1 The data structure has changed. After upgrading, it cannot be downgraded, otherwise the reader will not be able to open;". So it seems a "no" to me.

Do you know if Booxtor is working for a local version of 1.9.1 with OnyxReader and Google Play?

Thank you
Old 12-02-2018, 02:39 PM   #79
fbrzvnrnd
Addict

No suggestions?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:29 AM   #80
fbrzvnrnd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
No suggestions?
I received a answer from Onyx.

- the 1.9.1 M96 I installed is only for China;
- a 1.9.1 is not planned for international M96 support;
- so, there is no way to install Google Play for M96 with 1.9.1;
- it is impossible to downgrade to 1.8.2;
- Onyx seems do not know what OnyxReader is, so I can not re-install it.

This a bad news for me: I lost Google Play, I lost OnyxReader and Onyx seems have no interest in future M96 support.

So, my suggestion, DO NOT INSTALL 1.9.1 for M96 using the "cloud update" and chinese language.

Sigh.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #81
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I received a answer from Onyx.

- the 1.9.1 M96 I installed is only for China;
- a 1.9.1 is not planned for international M96 support;
- so, there is no way to install Google Play for M96 with 1.9.1;
- it is impossible to downgrade to 1.8.2;
- Onyx seems do not know what OnyxReader is, so I can not re-install it.

This a bad news for me: I lost Google Play, I lost OnyxReader and Onyx seems have no interest in future M96 support.

So, my suggestion, DO NOT INSTALL 1.9.1 for M96 using the "cloud update" and chinese language.

Sigh.
If it's not an M96C or M96C+ I put up a couple of firmwares for M96 & M96+. I have the ealier Kitkat (4.4) installed on mine, but I tend not to use the Onyx apps so it might be the later Kitkat or Ice Cream (4.0) would be better for you. At any rate, the installers are executable files you run from your computer, not from the device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=907
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #82
fbrzvnrnd
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
If it's not an M96C or M96C+ I put up a couple of firmwares for M96 & M96+. I have the ealier Kitkat (4.4) installed on mine, but I tend not to use the Onyx apps so it might be the later Kitkat or Ice Cream (4.0) would be better for you. At any rate, the installers are executable files you run from your computer, not from the device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=907
Thank you for the answer! A silly question: do you have a OnyxReader apk so I can try to install it on 1.9.1?