Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #826
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Now it's at 53% again instead of 0% there no way to run it down to charge it. I think it's a lost cause.

I'm looking at the Moto G6 in case a relative ask me if I want anything for Christmas.

What I need is a phone with 300+ PPI, 32GB preferably storage but settle for 16GB, and a good camera of at least 13MP with flash. All in the $200 or below price range.

The screen is a biggie it must be a joy to read on and easy on the hand to hold. I have small hands.

I want to put it on my Christmas list. Sadly when I say just give me money they won't. Not even a gift card it must be an item.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #827
Nanny
Nanny began at the beginning.

Device: K2, PRS-505, Nokia 520, Fire Phone
Blossom - My Fire Phone is on the way out as well. I can't download Audible books on it any more & after the last factory reset I had to do (to get the thing to hold a charge) the Yahoo mail app disappeared.

I got a LG Fiesta 2 to replace it & I really like it. It's locked into Simple Mobile, but I'm not actually using it as a phone so that's not an issue for me. It doesn't meet all your requirements though (only 267 ppi) but I only paid $30 for it. https://www.mobitabspecs.com/products/lg-fiesta-2-lte/
Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #828
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I replaced mine with a Samsung J3 Prime. When I got it from the Local T-Mobile store I paid $100 for 1000 min phone was FREE mins good for a year. Legacy plan so you have to ask what deals they have for you IF you don't already have T-Mobile. Also got one for my son he loves it!!

This one thru Amazon is Unlocked for Any Carrier:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Unloc...j3+prime+phone
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:49 AM   #829
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I replaced mine with a Samsung J3 Prime. When I got it from the Local T-Mobile store I paid $100 for 1000 min phone was FREE mins good for a year. Legacy plan so you have to ask what deals they have for you IF you don't already have T-Mobile. Also got one for my son he loves it!!

This one thru Amazon is Unlocked for Any Carrier:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Unloc...j3+prime+phone
Nice phone. I don't think it would work for me because it's a TFT screen though. They are hard on the eyes for reading. I'm looking for IPS or better. I really like what I see in the Moto G6 just wish it was cheaper. lol Asking for $200 device might be a bit bold. Last year I got a Kindle Fire HD 8. It's an okay tablet. Battery life could be better. I use it for Youtube mainly. It's too big to hold.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:32 AM   #830
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Just an update. I rooted the Fire Phone, ran the Battery Calibration app and then turn it off for a week till it was dead. I then charged it to full, it seemed to be working, I then unrooted because the app was annoying and ran the battery to 0%, charge again. So far it seems to be running fine and fixed. Keep in mind I have all Amazon content blocked and I'm Sideloading my apps. I was running the music app, the original one when the problem started. I suspect my library is too large and causes a bug. Seeing it's 32GB I can sideload what I want and use it that way.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-23-2018 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #831
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Battery is acting better than it has in a long time. I really think it's fixed.

Sent from my Moto E
Old 12-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #832
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
FYI I got the Moto G6 Play from Amazon a few months ago. They let me make payments. it's a REALLY nice phone. Yes $200 is a lot but I have not been disappointed, and being able to pay $38 a month was the deciding factor.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:42 PM   #833
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

I want the G6 nonPlay version because of the high PPI Alas it wasn't to be this Christmas. I knew it was a Longshot.

Oh the bright side my Fire phone is working great battery wise. So I'm okay with waiting for next birthday/Christmas.

Sent from my Nexus 7