Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #91
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Is it possible to configure KSM to only specific options? I want to to set it up to show Nickel, Koreader and Coolreader, and nothing else. Is that possible?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:11 PM   #92
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Is it possible to configure KSM to only specific options? I want to to set it up to show Nickel, Koreader and Coolreader, and nothing else. Is that possible?
It is not configurable. However, I guess I could make a special edition for you. Actually only one file has to be changed. But are you sure you mean what you say? No usb, no wifi, no configuration editor, no power off?
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #93
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It is not configurable. However, I guess I could make a special edition for you. Actually only one file has to be changed. But are you sure you mean what you say? No usb, no wifi, no configuration editor, no power off?
I'm not sure yet. I do know that I found the menu contained far too many options that I didn't use. Can I edit the file myself?
Old 02-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #94
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not sure yet. I do know that I found the menu contained far too many options that I didn't use. Can I edit the file myself?
The concerned file is /adds/kbmenu/onstart/ksmhome.sh. In this file, you will find a function "setoptions()", around line 300. There, a variable will be initialized
Code:
moptions=""
and then values are added step by step, for instance
Code:
moptions="$moptions info:help"
In order to remove the "info" entry from the main menu, you would comment this line out:
Code:
#moptions="$moptions info:help"
And so on ...

Do a syntax check before you put this file onto the device (in linux: busybox sh -n ksmhome.sh). A small typo can prevent the device from working. If you have a device with external sd, you can still recover without factory resetting or opening the device, but still ...
Old 02-04-2016, 05:28 PM   #95
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Perhaps just having the ability to make the text for the selections you want larger and/or bolder, to make them both stand out and easier to poke?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2016, 08:44 PM   #96
Rizla
Member Retired

Thanks guys for the information.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:46 AM   #97
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Perhaps just having the ability to make the text for the selections you want larger and/or bolder, to make them both stand out and easier to poke?

Luck;
Ken
To implement this would require much more work than I would like to do.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #98
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just a possible approach, might have been easy, if the text size could be defined in the line that displays it. Please don't feel any need to do anything based on the crazy ideas that get thrown around a forum like this. I think you will find some of them worth looking into, but plenty that are just good food for thought, not even intended as a request to actually do something that way.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #99
Rizla
Member Retired

Personally simply having the ability to choose what options appear in the menu is adequate for my needs. The other functionality is important, but I do not want to see it all the time. Ideally, I would like to be able to place them under a sub-menu. Is that also possible?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #100
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Personally simply having the ability to choose what options appear in the menu is adequate for my needs. The other functionality is important, but I do not want to see it all the time. Ideally, I would like to be able to place them under a sub-menu. Is that also possible?
I prepared a test version. If it turns out to be useful, I will include it in the first update.

If you like install the KoboRoot.tgz that you can find in the uploaded archive. [Edit: I removed the uploaded archive, since the functionality is now embedded in the patch for Aura One and Aura Edition 2.]

Then add to the section [general] in .adds\kbmenu_user\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt the key "suppressEntries" and list as value all menu entries you want not to appear in the main menu, e.g.

Code:
suppressEntries=+info+toggle_rotation+start_vlasovsoftlauncher+koreader_additions+usb+wifi+configure+tools+scripts+user_scripts+reboot+power_off+
Note the "+" at the start and on the beginning of the value, and in between the entry-names.

Then select this line via "configure".

The images below show the effect on my device using the "suppressEntries" value from above.
Image 1: before the installation and configuration
Image 2: after the installation and configuration
Image 3: after toggling between full and short menu.

In the spoiler is a list of the suppressible items:
Spoiler:
toggle_rotation
start_nickel
power_off
reboot
usb
wifi
configure
tools
scripts
user_scripts
start_koreader
start_nickel_koreader_switch
start_koreader_nickel_switch
koreader_additions
start_kobolauncher
start_coolreader
start_coolreader_ls
coolreader
front_light_on
front_light_off
find_and_open
select_koreader_version
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img01.png
Views:	1204
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	146085   Click image for larger version

Name:	img02.png
Views:	517
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	146086   Click image for larger version

Name:	img03.png
Views:	459
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	146087  

Last edited by tshering; 02-13-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #101
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
This looks great and might be useful for those that prefer having basic and advanced setup.

(sorry, can't affect at karma at the moment)
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:40 PM   #102
Rizla
Member Retired

Thank you for your work. I will test this as soon as time permits.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:28 AM   #103
had
had began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd, aura h20, elipsa 2e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I start KOReader with the external uSD card remounted read/write, without that, I can't use the long press delete option, in the File Manager or have OPDS downloads to a folder on the external uSD card (/mnt/sd).

Ken, how do you set the uSD card to read/write ? For me, syncthing will not sync to a folder within /mnt/sd/ because it complains that the filesystem is read-only.
had is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:38 AM   #104
tshering
Wizard

@had

Without modifying any files you can
  1. select "tools" > "external sd.msh" > "remount sd rw.sh", before you launch KOReader.

If you are willing to modify a file, you could do your changes to
  • /adds/kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh
or to
  • (/mnt/onboard/).adds/koreader/koreader.sh
If I remember correctly, Ken has posted his modified script somewhere in the KSM 7 thread.

Last edited by tshering; 02-10-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:38 AM   #105
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I installed collapseMainMenu.zip, and all is working perfectly, thanks!

Last edited by jlynton; 02-11-2016 at 11:00 AM.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote