Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Help please with Flight Crew error message ???

Here is a screen dump of an error message and the file it refers to.

I don't see an element "A" that it refers to. Have you any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screendump.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	75278  
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Try opening the file in Dreamweaver and got to File>validate> Markup

My guess is you are missing a </div> or something like that...

Edit--I don't use flightcrew
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The line numbers are not always correct, but I think you missed a closing tag somewhere.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Or you added an <a> outside any <p> or <div>...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Here is a screen dump of an error message and the file it refers to.

I don't see an element "A" that it refers to. Have you any suggestions?
The line number may only represent the point that FC discovers: "Houston! We may have a problem"
Start working back from there (in your case It reached 'The End' of a document

As others have pointed: you may have a 'naked' <a tag (outside of a <p> or <div>)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 12:58 AM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The line number may only represent the point that FC discovers: "Houston! We may have a problem"
Start working back from there (in your case It reached 'The End' of a document

As others have pointed: you may have a 'naked' <a tag (outside of a <p> or <div>)
I found it, thanks. An <a tag after a /p>. I didn't do it sir. It wasn't me, honest it wasn't. It must have been that nasty converter. But I don't know who to blame as I split it in Sigil and ran it it through calibre.

oh! it was line 85 not 243 go figure.

Last edited by wannabee; 08-10-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I blame Calibre, as Sigil would not touch that. Conversion in Calibre can sometimes do strange things.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
wannabee
Media Bloke

OK Toxaris!

Take that Caibre
You nasty piece of . . . . . . .

Just being silly here folks.

Remember: Garbage in ...... Garbage out.
Haven't heard that for a while. Maybe it should be at the top of the Calibre Convert Screen.

The more I use that program, the more I respect it. Not only does it do the mundane crap I need it to do at work, it brings me the daily paper and puts it in iBooks for me to read later when I'm having a steak and salad at the Plough and Harrow with a cool scooner of stout!

thanks Calibre and everyone here on this thread and MR that keeps helping me. Yesterday was my anniversary. Exactly one year after starting a new job converting print to eBook, and, if you haven't heard it before, they interviewed 5 people. Everyone said they hadn't done it before but were sure they could.

I spent the night before on MobileRead and in the interview asked if I could make a book for them. I did . . . . thanks to everyone's help here.

Cheers and Beers
Old 08-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard

Oh, I use Calibre with much pleasure and hardly any issues. And the GIGO is so true, for all conversions and also creations.
However, I must say that I hardly use Calibre for conversion and never as final step. When I create an ePUB I always do the final touching up in either Sigil and/or Notepad++.

It is still a great program!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #10
wannabee
Media Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
It is still a great program!!!
Yep

Sorry, all out of karma. In case you haven't noticed the karma thread going 3 pages long in general discussions.