Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 11-04-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
chicleeblair
Connoisseur
chicleeblair began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
App to Organize and Listen?

I have about a thousand audiobooks—two thousand once I import my family’s primary Audible account using openaudible, but I’d like to have a solution to this first--Currently, I keep them in a Dropbox file, and then import into Bookplayer to listen on my iPhone.

Is there an app that can attach metadata to these, and organize them? I’d be happy with the very basics—Title, length, read/unread-- Before I started backing up Audible, I had read/unread folders, but that was just me moving files around. For ebooks I use Calibre and BookFusion. I’ve heard of using Plex/Prologue, but I only have access to my laptop, which doesn’t make running a server feasible.

I have a MacBook running OS 12.7 Monterey (and can’t update further) and have an iPhone 15.
chicleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
SpicyPoison
SpicyPoison began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicleeblair View Post
I have about a thousand audiobooks—two thousand once I import my family’s primary Audible account using openaudible, but I’d like to have a solution to this first--Currently, I keep them in a Dropbox file, and then import into Bookplayer to listen on my iPhone.

Is there an app that can attach metadata to these, and organize them? I’d be happy with the very basics—Title, length, read/unread-- Before I started backing up Audible, I had read/unread folders, but that was just me moving files around. For ebooks I use Calibre and BookFusion. I’ve heard of using Plex/Prologue, but I only have access to my laptop, which doesn’t make running a server feasible.

I have a MacBook running OS 12.7 Monterey (and can’t update further) and have an iPhone 15.
I, as a windows user, use iTunes for Windows software to manage my all the audiobooks. You can easily edit metadata of all the ebooks as per your need.

If you have a very large library and messy default metadata of all the audiobooks. Then I will recommend you to add your audiobooks in iTunes Audiobook Library one by one and edit metadata of new arrivals one after the another. It will take some time but that's how I created my own audiobooks library. I have 122GB of audiobooks from 70 authors.
SpicyPoison is offline   Reply With Quote