Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
Cjammi
Cjammi began at the beginning.

Device: calibre on pc
Saving bookmarks

Hello everyone;
I am French and uses Caliber 2.79 on PC win7 / 64;
As a rule I open 3 or 4 template viewer on works that I read alternately during the same day.
In the evening it happens that I lose bookmarks posed during the day.
Would you be kind enough to tell me what protocol to observe to close without losing anything.
It happens to me but I do not know how?
I have not seen any recording option. Should I close the viewers before and calibrate last?
thank you very much
Cjammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Cjammi

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	155497

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:53 AM   #3
Cjammi

@BetterRed - Hello,
And thank you;

But I had checked and saw these options before formulating my question, I have the three lines "Remenber last ...", "Remenber the ..." and "Kep a copy ..." which are checked on my viewer and last night The problem recurred for one of the three books read, he finds himself this morning with the bookmarks and reading position the day before yesterday.

So I think this is a certain distraction on my part in the way of closing certain works because I do a lot of work on my machine during the day.

Is there a specific and mandatory way to close template and multiple viewers?

The translation of the French documentation is not up to date.

Thank you - Cjammi
Old 03-07-2017, 02:31 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Cjammi - as you can see I have that option unchecked. Hopefully there is someone who does use that option - with multiple files open - who will be able to advise you best. I would have to experiment.

The word 'template' has a very specific meaning in calibre, it refers to things like this {authors} - {title} which are used in tools such as Add Books, Save to Disk etc. I don't think you're referring to those templates. Perhaps you mean format files e.g. blah-blah.epub, blinky-bill.pdf etc.

I'm sure Kovid would welcome your expertise in improving the French edition of the User Manual, some info here ==>> http://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

BR
Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
Cjammi

Effectively @BetterRed I see that this option is disabled in your Calibre. I will try on a new work (not yet read) to disable it and to test without opening the others

Yes exactly I wrote very badly when writing "TEMPLATE" I only meant the program CALIBER itself by difference with the viewers.

I believe it was not Kovid who did the French version of the manual, but rather third parties; (That said I can be wrong)

On the other hand I think it's in the version of Caliber itself and translations that some things would improve and may be misled in this place:

English version: "Keep a copy of bookmarks / current page inside the ebook file, for easy sharing"

►►► Wrong translation of the French version (made by a machine like google translation):" Garder une copie de la page mise en favoris/actuelle dans le fichier du livre numérique, pour un partage facile."

Correct translation: " Conserver dans le fichier du livre numérique une copie des signets et de la page courante, afin de parvenir à lire le fichier sur plusieurs support simultanés"
Or shorter but less precise
:
" Conserver dans le fichier du livre numérique une copie des signets et de la page courante, afin de partager le livre"

That's @BetterRed amicably;

PS. But given the correct translation the box should be checked in order to keep the bookmarks and the current page by closing the viewer! - how to draw Kovid's attention to this detail?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Cjammi - translations are a community effort using the Transifex facility.

In the Forum Français you'll see posts by roger64, I think he may have contributed to the French translations of the calibre software and manual. I suggest you contact him for guidance on contributing to the translation.

BR
Old 03-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As BetterRed said, you are welcome to contribute corrections to the translations, simply follow the instructions in the translations section of https://calibre-ebook.com/get-involved

If you have questions feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote