Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
I don't see any sales information at Barbara's link, just generic KU information with a "Sign In" button. But on booklover6's link I see an offer good through 12/31 for 6 months at $47.86, 12 months $80.30 and $143.80 for 24 months. They say that is 20%, 33% and 40% respectively. "For existing monthly, pre-paid or free trial Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the new plan."

I'm currently on the 6-month free offer from buying the Oasis3 when it first came out, so I'll have to keep this extension in mind since the offer is valid through the end of the year. My free period ends in March I think.

It looks like the amount is billed as a lump sum.

Wally

I was not a member when I clicked on Barbara's link. Then I joined.

Now that I am a member, I clicked on her link again and there is no mention of a sale (because I now am a member).

Presumably, because you already are a member, you saw no link.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I was not a member when I clicked on Barbara's link. Then I joined.

Now that I am a member, I clicked on her link again and there is no mention of a sale (because I now am a member).

Presumably, because you already are a member, you saw no link.
Same.... I cant follow my own link
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2019, 11:16 AM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Two different prices depending on which Amazon page you happen land on?

I am not currently a KU member. Barbara's link is showing me $29.97 for six months;
Booklovers' link is showing me $47.86 for six months. Seriously?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #19
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I bet Booklovers is Normal cost IF you pay for several months in advance instead of 1 month at a time BUT mine is Sale!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 12:07 PM   #20
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I like using it to get cheap audio books!

*Plus it makes my Audible Escape subscription much cheaper, and I am a heavy listener.
Kindle unlimited also includes audiobooks? or do you mean cheap audiobooks because of the reduction of price for Audible Escape?
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2019, 12:24 PM   #21
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I think these are two separate offers - I had a banner ad at the top of my Kindle webpage yesterday offering six months of KU for 1/2 off, which I meant to post, but just got really crazy/busy and didn't get online to post. This looks to be the same as @Barbara1995's offer.

Then @booklover6's offer with the varying terms and amounts up to 40% off seems to be something completely different. I'm actually happier with the 40% for two years, because I would like to have a membership longer term again, and doubt I would find more 50% offers on a consistent basis in the future. So 40% is good enough for me.

As someone else pointed out, I don't have to read very many KU books to make $6/month worth it.

Thanks to both @Barbara1995 and @booklover6!!!

Last edited by sufue; 11-08-2019 at 12:46 PM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Kindle unlimited also includes audiobooks? or do you mean cheap audiobooks because of the reduction of price for Audible Escape?
Kindle Unlimited does include a number of audiobooks, though I usually don't find a lot. But when it is a whisper-sync-for-voice, I can get the audio book for 1.99 up to 7.49. That's the only way I buy audio books, since I don't have an Audible subscription. (Waiting for a sale).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:43 PM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I bet Booklovers is Normal cost IF you pay for several months in advance instead of 1 month at a time BUT mine is Sale!
Actually the deal I got is a sale that they do twice a year, on Prime Day and around Black Friday. It's what I paid 2 years ago on BF. I prefer getting it 2 years at a time, because I use it ALL the time.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:29 PM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
i see no offers what so ever on that link
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #25
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Are you logged in to your Amazon account?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Kindle Unlimited Promo -- exp 31 Dec @ 11:59pm PT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KU.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	174803  
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:48 AM   #27
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm currently on a 2 year for ~$145 promo that expires in February 2021 and considering extending by another two years
EDIT: upon further searching, it appears I paid $143.86 for 24 months, so I paid 6 cents more...

Last edited by binaryhermit; 11-09-2019 at 01:57 AM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:54 AM   #28
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Kindle Unlimited does include a number of audiobooks, though I usually don't find a lot. But when it is a whisper-sync-for-voice, I can get the audio book for 1.99 up to 7.49. That's the only way I buy audio books, since I don't have an Audible subscription. (Waiting for a sale).
Thanks for explaining, I will pay better attention to see if I find some audiobooks.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #29
GA Russell
Pre-season starts May 20
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Are you limited to one book at a time?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:11 PM   #30
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Are you limited to one book at a time?
No, you can have 10 out at a time.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote