Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
jesscat
Groupie
jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jesscat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad mini, iPad 2, Kindle 3
Kindle 2 Qs: Personal Docs and Annotations

I'm new to the forum and to Kindle - I've had my Kindle 2 for a week or so now and am loving it for the most part (other than the lack of folders/tags/whatever, but I've already sent a note to kindle2 feedback about that!).

I have two questions that I haven't been able to find answers for and am wondering if anyone can help.

1) I've figured out how to get my home-converted documents into Personal Documents (using Mobi2Mobi and setting the cdetype flag to PDOC - thanks to kindlejunkie for this!). Problem I'm having is when my personal document has a title that's too long to show in its entirety on the Kindle screen. For books, when this happens I highlight the title, push the joystick to the right, and a page comes up with all the info about the book, including the full title (this doesn't seem to be documented in the manual, actually...). But this doesn't seem to work for personal documents. So I can't figure out how to see the entire title when it's too wide to show on the screen. Is there some other way I'm missing?

2) Is there any way to attach a note to a book/document on the home page - not inside the book itself? I'd like to be able to attach a note to a book, so, for example, if I go back to it later, I can remind myself what it was about, what my opinion of it was, etc. etc. - but without having to open the book either to add the note or to read it (which sends the book automatically to the top of my "most recent" list, even if all I want to do is simply read the note). Does anyone know if there's a way to do this?

Thanks!
jesscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Notes are "attached" to a particular spot in the text of a book. The Home Page is not the text of a book, so no, there is no way to do it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You could try using the first page after the cover for your note info with your opinion, synopsys and whatever. Then when you click on "My Notes & Marks" the first entry will be all of your reminder stuff.

Edit: This still isn't exactly what you want but I think it's the closes you can get without creating a separate file with a title similar to the book with all the info you want in ti.

Last edited by daffy4u; 03-17-2009 at 02:25 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote