Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Does my Kindle Voyage has been banned?

Hi!

After posting a question about the Kindle Store, I realized that my firmware (5.8.11) was not updated.

I dowloaded the new firmware (5.9.2.0.1), pushed it into the Kindle, but even so the option to Update the Kindle it's greyed out.

Anybody knows what's going on?
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did you download the correct firmware for your Voyage?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I would try again. Putting the update on the Voyage that is. For the first time ever I had the Voyage update fail. The newest one. I know I had the right update for my Voyage as I am always very very careful and I don't drag, but copy. My Oasis worked fine with the same update, but when I did the Voyage, nothing. There was no option to update. Like I said, that was a first for me. I have done a bunch of these with my kindles.

So I downloaded the file again from amazon and copied it over to my Voyage. Then it worked.

But yeah, I assume you know how to download the right one for your device and to put it in the kindle directory, not a folder.

Try again.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:03 PM   #4
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Hi!

Well, I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the right firmware for my Kindle Voyage, mainly because there is only one version of the Voyage (instead of that mess of generations for the others).

In the end the problem was in the copy of the .bin file to the Kindle. The first time I tried I was on a Windows 10, at my workplace.

The second time I tried was on my Macbook Pro, at home, and now everything is fine.

Thank you guys for the tips about "trying again" ;-)

Best regards.

Last edited by zamana; 12-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 PM   #5
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Glad you got it to work. Yes, the Voyage updates are easy to find, aren't they. Just one. Two now for the Oasis. Glad I don't have a paperwhite or a basic, so many different versions. I should say a newer basic or paperwhite, I have the old ones that don't get those updates anymore.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, update, voyage