Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #1
abij
abij began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Kobo Aura HD still available from Kobo Canada?

Hello,

My first post here. I was researching my first Kobo buy and came across

https://ca.kobobooks.com/products/kobo-aura-hd

through googling. I know it should be a legacy device since it was released six years ago. However Kobo Canada website still has it as a listed device for purchase. I live in the US. Does anyone know if I buy from Kobo Canada using the above link, they will ship the device (new?) to US?

Thanks for your comments.
abij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Call them. Price will differ depending on exchange & shipping cost. But they can tell you the exact price.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
You found a legacy webpage. For all e-readers currently on sale by Kobo Canada, see this page.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I just bought a refurbished one from Kobo on eBay. works well.

Edit: I'm in the US, too.

Last edited by IanScuffling; 03-26-2019 at 08:35 PM.
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:51 PM   #5
Ksquared
Groupie
Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ksquared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Original Kobo Aura 6", Libra H2O
I bought one that showed as new from Kobo in 2017. People were worried about the battery on such an old device.
i love it and it is still going great.
Ksquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2019, 04:27 PM   #6
abij

Thank you guys. I contacted Kobo Canada they told me that webpage I found was not up to date. Now they have updated it so it shows Aura HD out of stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
I just bought a refurbished one from Kobo on eBay. works well.

Edit: I'm in the US, too.
Does Kobo have an eBay store? Do you mind sharing the link? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
IanScuffling
Enthusiast
IanScuffling began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by abij View Post
Thank you guys. I contacted Kobo Canada they told me that webpage I found was not up to date. Now they have updated it so it shows Aura HD out of stock.

Does Kobo have an eBay store? Do you mind sharing the link? Thanks.
Yes, look for a seller named RakutenKobous. It has a store, but prices seems to have risen since I bought mine for $52, including shipping. Now up to $80, plus $7 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/str/us-kobo-ere...p2047675.l2563
IanScuffling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:57 PM   #8
abij

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
Yes, look for a seller named RakutenKobous. It has a store, but prices seems to have risen since I bought mine for $52, including shipping. Now up to $80, plus $7 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/str/us-kobo-ere...p2047675.l2563
uh oh , I should've acted quicker, now Aura HD is sold out in their store
Old 03-31-2019, 12:41 AM   #9
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Needs patience and luck. Got my second one, new in box, on Friday for 40 CAD
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:48 AM   #10
abij

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Needs patience and luck. Got my second one, new in box, on Friday for 40 CAD
Lucky you, was your purchase online or only local in Canada? I am seeking an Aura HD around 50-60 USD.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:10 PM   #11
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
The seller advertised it as the owner online. I picked it up locally in Canada. The person said testing was the only refurbishing work they did to this unit. It certainly looks brand new to me. When I openned my old one a few years ago to replace the internal sd card with a larger one, the front panel was not (could not be?) put back exactly as it had been because it was also glued to other parts. The new one was probably manufatured later as the front light can go much dimmer than the first one. But I prefer the older more yellowish color.

Last edited by jshzh; 03-31-2019 at 02:46 PM.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura hd, canada