Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #1
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Paperwhite 4 $70.99 Deal of the Day Amazon US

Link

TODAY ONLY @ Amazon US
This is the lowest price I've seen for the 8GB version. I am also offered 5 monthly payments of $14.20, don't know if everyone will get that offer. Tempting as this is, I am perfectly happy with my Oasis 2, not to mention the Paperwhite 3 and regular Kindle that I have as backups.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
It's been nearly 3 years (Nov 2018) since Amazon refreshed the Paperwhite. Maybe a new one is just around the corner? Black Friday is a little over 2 months away.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2021, 10:14 PM   #3
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
I also see reviews where people are unhappy with the battery life and some screen problems. The only reason that I considered it was because I like the dark mode for reading which I can't get on PW3 but Oasis does really nicely. And yes, the pricing and timing does seem like they're offloading existing inventory before launching a new model, long overdue.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 02:49 PM   #4
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
Best Buy has this $70.99 deal on Kindle today only (8/31/21). In my mind, this supports the idea that Paperwhites are being cleared out to make way for new inventory.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 05:25 AM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
In my mind, this supports the idea that Paperwhites are being cleared out to make way for new inventory.
Now the price on Amazon is $85 and out of stock. I hope your theory is correct. Mine is suddenly not holding a charge well. Not sure why the change. I mainly use it for KU books, and nothing is indexing. It is three years old and I use it a lot, so maybe it's tired.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2021, 05:36 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Now the price on Amazon is $85 and out of stock. I hope your theory is correct. Mine is suddenly not holding a charge well. Not sure why the change. I mainly use it for KU books, and nothing is indexing. It is three years old and I use it a lot, so maybe it's tired.
The PW4 is not out of stock at Amazon US. At Amazon UK, the PW4 is not on sale. So I don't think this means a new PW. Besides, if Amazon does what they did with the PW4, the PW5 would be even more fuzzy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:06 AM   #7
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Yeah, not out of stock on Amazon US. And I may seem like a contrarian, but I still don't see a new PW being released this year and still don't see whatever replaces the PW4 as having warm lighting when it comes out given how long it tends to take for "innovations" to filter down the line... (frontlighting took over 6 years and 5 "gens" and multiple releases to go from the PW to the basic.)
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 06:24 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Yeah, not out of stock on Amazon US. And I may seem like a contrarian, but I still don't see a new PW being released this year and still don't see whatever replaces the PW4 as having warm lighting when it comes out given how long it tends to take for "innovations" to filter down the line... (frontlighting took over 6 years and 5 "gens" and multiple releases to go from the PW to the basic.)
We really should change the name from Kindle Basic to Kindle Obsolete.
Old 09-06-2021, 06:30 AM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
May be available at a lower price from other sellers, potentially without free Prime shipping.
In stock soon.
Order it now.

Ok my link isn't working but I copied the above from the sale page. Says its on sale for $84.99. US page.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07CXG6C...e_0_2_7_4&th=1

Ok that link should work! Kids kindle on sale again for $70--great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
Yeah, not out of stock on Amazon US.

Last edited by booklover6; 09-06-2021 at 06:37 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 07:14 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Side by side, for just reading, the PW3 is better than the PW4.

Products that do the job and can't be made cheaper don't need to be "refreshed" or "replaced". Gadgets shouldn't be marked like fast fashion.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 09:46 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Side by side, for just reading, the PW3 is better than the PW4.

Products that do the job and can't be made cheaper don't need to be "refreshed" or "replaced". Gadgets shouldn't be marked like fast fashion.
Amazon should never had dropped the PW3 in favor of the PW4. There was no need for it. The PW3 is clearer then the PW4.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
The blue ones are still in stock. (In case anyone wants one.)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PS737QQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:38 PM   #13
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
And the black one is available early next week...
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote