Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-02-2021, 09:14 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GlowLight 3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage
Very long KFX book crashes on Voyage

I bought the Cambridge collection (71 volumes, 40,000+ printed pages) when it was on sale (mentioned in the deals forum). I downloaded it to my Voyage but it kept rebooting the Voyage when I tried to read it. I tried to copy it to Calibre, but was informed that this was a KFX formatted book and suggested I download via the USB option. That worked, I copied it to my Voyage and now I can read it.

Question: Do you think a time is coming when non-KFX options from Amazon will not be available? This is the first time I've run into this issue (but it's also the first time I tried to read a collection of books that massive crammed into one file).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:39 PM   #2
salamanderjuice
Evangelist
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Yes probably. I imagine it will take a little while to get there. At some point all the AZW3 only and below working and in use readers are going be a tiny fraction of the user base and Amazon will decide it's not worth the headache of creating books with old formats for only a few thousand users.

But they still haven't dropped .Mobi yet so I don't think we're quite there. Maybe in a decade or two.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
xxyzz
Groupie
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a 9M AZW3 Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio(聊齋誌異) which always randomly restart my Kindle after I read a few chapters, a very spooky book...
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GlowLight 3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
But they still haven't dropped .Mobi yet so I don't think we're quite there. Maybe in a decade or two.
That wouldn't be too bad then. I'm 65 so a "couple decades" is pretty much a lifetime warranty.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote