Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
915Frannie
915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!915Frannie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
Thanks for all the recommendation--now for one from me

I've been lurking a long time and appreciate all the recommendations and honest reviews. I thought I'd finally reciprocate with a recommendation of a book that was referred to me by a friend. It's called Cyberwar Vengeance and is available on Kindle:

http://www.amazon.com/CyberWar-Venge...rwar+vengeance

I liked it because some of the strong characters are female. Now, that doesn't mean the guys wimp out, but it is nice to see females who do more than stand around and watch the guys get them out of trouble.
915Frannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Interesting. I like a strong (Kickass) female protagonist myself.

A couple I would recommend are
Stacia Kane - Downside Ghosts
Lilith Saintcrow - Jill Kismet

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
On Basilisk Station, which I'm reading right now, is in the same category (s.f. with strong female protagonist). The story starts off kinda slow, but is very imaginative and picks up considerably in the last, oh, say, third of the book.

For the benefit of Kindlers, the link is to Amazon, where the book is currently free.
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:11 AM   #4
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Two books by Mark Russinovich, Trojan Horse and Zero Day, also have a strong female character. Many nerds will know the author's name. It's the same Mark Russinovich who wrote/writes the SysInternals software for Windows. Both books are available from Amazon and elsewhere, and are a recommended read.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyberwar, e-book, espionage, kindle, thriller e-book