Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-20-2021, 11:58 AM   #1576
azuravian
Enthusiast
azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.azuravian can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Tematika Pricecheck:

Not having any books with Argentinian ISBNs, I tested by changing a few ISBNs to their complementary Argentine versions. In my tests, everything worked.

@Dunhill, please let me know if you have any issues.

You need to manually create the two custom columns (one for price and one for date which must be in date format) and then put the column labels into their respective textboxes in the configuration of the plugin.

Columns example:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Tematika_Pricecheck.zip (64.3 KB, 142 views)

Last edited by azuravian; 10-20-2021 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added image of custom columns
azuravian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #1577
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I already appreciate your time and work, I owe you more than one beer !!!

Great, excellent work!
I would recommend that you make a spatial thread of the complement, for the people who use that page, which is from one of the most important libraries in Argentina.
And to make a mention of the requirements that they should install for python.
Info: https://lxml.de/3.4/installation.html

Last edited by dunhill; 10-21-2021 at 04:59 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 10:45 AM   #1578
peterbacon
peterbacon began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note2
Change/access "title" and "author" PDF metadata in calibre

When you modify the title and author metadata in calibre for pdf files, it doesn't actually modify the pdf metadata like when going into Document Properties in Acrobat. So whenever I re-add files I always have to rename them. It would be nice if there was a plugin to individually or batch modify the file metadata so it matches the calibre metadata. Obviously this won't work for encrypted files, but the option would be nice.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Calibre/com...ta_in/ek7dv3z/

Also, it would be nice to see page count in column view
peterbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:40 AM   #1579
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the embed metadata tool (add it to your calibre toolbar via preferences->toolbars)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:46 PM   #1580
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello people, I have a technical query
A friend is making a complement following the indications of the Calibre guide.
He is working in pycharm and does not know how to import the code libraries to make them work in calibre, he always depends on the project code libraries. As he exports those dependencies so that when installing the plugin it works for him from the plugin and not from the py project.
You understand what I say ...
Old 11-06-2021, 02:49 AM   #1581
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I have no programming experience, aside from some pdf conversion scripts, and have trouble reading online, but I'd like some way to help track my OneBookShelf library via Calibre.

OneBookShelf sells gaming books, some novels, some comic books. It has its own app to help download these. It tracks these in mostly plain text in a file library.dat, so it should be easier to check this file than to check online. It doesn't use csv, though.

Using Calibre as well as the OneBookShelf app could help readers and players who want to keep notes on which books we plan to use soon, want to keep notes on what they do or don't cover, want to pre-process pdfs before sideloading them, etc.

P.S. It looks like library.dat is a json file. There are a lot of online tools to convert json to csv, but that would share personal data, I'm not sure what a suitable and safe online tool would be.

Last edited by MarjaE; 11-07-2021 at 11:26 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #1582
dunhill
Guru

Hello people, a friend wants to publish his plugin, what steps should he follow?
I already enter the forum and try to publish but do not see the publication

Last edited by dunhill; 11-15-2021 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-15-2021, 03:47 AM   #1583
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello people, a friend wants to publish his complement, what steps should he follow?
I already enter the forum and try to publish but do not see the publication
I suspect this is a translation issue. complement == plugin

To publish a plugin, it must have a thread in the plugins forum, and an entry in th e plugins index. The entry in the plugins index can only be made by a Moderator, so you'll need to request that.

See the plugins index post for more details of the format required for the plugin's thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #1584
Adu von Tubka
Adu von Tubka began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook x
Predefined Export Jobs

Hi Folks,

I miss the following Function in Calibre, I name it "Predefined Export Jobs".

<USE CASE>
I have many Groups of Books that have to be Exported in different Ways.
For Instance:

1. Group
Virtuel Library: vl:"ToppicA" or vl:"ToppicB"
Exportparameter: {authors}/{title} - {authors}

2. Group
Virtuel Library: vl:"ToppicC" or vl:"ToppicD"
Exportparameter: {tags}/SomeText {series_index:0>4} - {title} - {authors}

3. Group
Virtuel Library: vl:"ToppicD" or vl:"ToppicE"
Exportparameter: {series}/{series} {series_index:0>4} - {title} - {authors}

and so on...
</USE CASE>

<Now>
I have a Cheat Sheet with the Relations between the Virtuel Libraries and the Exportparameters, and before I launch an Export I have to register the Parameters in the Export Section of the SetUp Dialog.
And I have many Virtual Libs only for the sake of Export.
This is not very comfortable.
</Now>

<Then>
There is a "Books Export"-Button (or something else) which provides a 'Predefined Export Jobs' Function, which invokes a Sub Dialog.
Here you can define or launch one or more 'Predefined Export Jobs'
One single Entry in the List of Export Jobs Table contains the following Information:

Line in a Table:
1. [CheckBox] select for Export
2. Name of the "Export Job"
3. Search Expression (equal to the Search Expression in a Virtual Lib)
4. Exportparameter (equal as in the Export Section in the SetUp Dialog)
5. Description (Free Text)

Dialog Wide:
[Button] Add new Entry
[Button] Remove selected Entry
[Button] Export Selected
[Button] Cancel

The Table Contend has to be saved in the Calibre Workspace.
</Then>

I hope I could describe what I would like to have, and I hope somebody can develope a Plugin which solve the Problem

Greetings from the North Sea Coast

Adu
Adu von Tubka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 03:06 PM   #1585
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Three tools spring to mind -
  • calibre has a rich set of command line tools that can be combined via scripts ==>> User Manual: Command Line Interface;
  • the JobSpy plugin has options to make some global preferences Library specific;
  • the Action Chains plugin provides a way to combine multiple actions into a single action.
See Index of plugins

One of more of these might get you some way towards what you want.

Plugins are almost invariably developed by the user who first identifies a specific need.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-16-2021 at 03:08 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 09:49 PM   #1586
dunhill
Guru

Hello plugin experts, does anyone remember a plugin that creates a custom column?
Count pages warns that the plugin needs a custom column, but it does not create it, we should create it before the plugin.
Image 1 warning of the dialogue.
Image 2 we cannot put the name for a new column, only choose an existing one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	94
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	190953   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	93
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	190954  
Old 12-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #1587
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello plugin experts, does anyone remember a plugin that creates a custom column?
Count pages warns that the plugin needs a custom column, but it does not create it, we should create it before the plugin.
Image 1 warning of the dialogue.
Image 2 we cannot put the name for a new column, only choose an existing one.
Not sure what you mean. Some plugins that need custom columns have a button to create them. The Annotations plugin does this. But, I think, most rely on you to create them using the "Add your own columns" page of the calibre preferences. Then have a way to select the column in the configuration for the plugin. You should look at the first post of the plugin to see what is needed. The Count Pages plugin has instructions for creating the columns in the first post.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #1588
dunhill
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not sure what you mean. Some plugins that need custom columns have a button to create them. The Annotations plugin does this. But, I think, most rely on you to create them using the "Add your own columns" page of the calibre preferences. Then have a way to select the column in the configuration for the plugin. You should look at the first post of the plugin to see what is needed. The Count Pages plugin has instructions for creating the columns in the first post.

Yes, I agree with you David. I have always created the columns first following the instructions of the plugins, but it came to my attention that the plugin advises that it needs a custom column, but that it cannot be created from that instance.
Old 12-22-2021, 01:52 AM   #1589
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can't recall any plugins with the ability to create a custom column, there might be a couple that mandate the custom column lookup name value.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:05 AM   #1590
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It does not make sense for plugins to create custom column(s), since you need to restart to be able to use the new custom column(s).
capink is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe