Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 08:14 AM   #46
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
there are some sites that keep asking me to accept cookies (which i do, but then it keep asking).
On settings i got cookies, javascript and remote content enabled.

Any hint ?
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:22 AM   #47
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast
Daniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Likebook Mars; Hisense A5, A5pro, A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
there are some sites that keep asking me to accept cookies (which i do, but then it keep asking).
On settings i got cookies, javascript and remote content enabled.

Any hint ?
Could you name some of the sites?

And, does it happen to other Browser app ypu are using?
Daniel Kao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:06 PM   #48
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kao View Post
Could you name some of the sites?

And, does it happen to other Browser app ypu are using?
Hi Daniel, thank you for helping and many thanks for the great browser.
I especially like the reader mode.

One of the website that act strangely is the major italian newspaper www.corriere.it
I attach you a screenshot from my android 8 / kingrow k1.
I can click "accetta" to accept all cookies but it will keep asking.
Now that you said, it act the same also with the default browser of the phone.
I'll try with other browsers as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210912-235528.png
Views:	265
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	189220  
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 07:26 PM   #49
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Love the browser. Has anyone gotten physical buttons to work on the Onyx Nova Air with the magnetic case? It looks like they try to act as volume keys but they don't seem to pass along to einkbro. It does actually pop up a little overlay on the right hand side of my screen showing the volume going up and down (it does this in all apps).

Thanks.
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 03:13 AM   #50
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast
Daniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting WindowsDaniel Kao format shifts faster than booting Windows

EinkBro added a new feature to move "Touch to Page Up/Down Area".

Be sure to check out here: https://github.com/plateaukao/browse...es/tag/v8.24.0

Last edited by Daniel Kao; 12-25-2021 at 03:13 AM. Reason: reformat post
Old 03-04-2022, 02:13 PM   #51
Motobylette
Motobylette began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
Bonjour,

Bravo pour votre navigateur qui marche bien sûr ma «mars»

Une question : puis-je récupérer mes favoris que j'ai sur chrome svp ? Merci

Hello,

Congratulations for your browser which of course works my “mars”

A question: can I recover my favorites that I have on chrome please? Thank you
Motobylette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 08:38 AM   #52
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobylette View Post
Bonjour,

Bravo pour votre navigateur qui marche bien sûr ma «mars»

Une question : puis-je récupérer mes favoris que j'ai sur chrome svp ? Merci

Hello,

Congratulations for your browser which of course works my “mars”

A question: can I recover my favorites that I have on chrome please? Thank you
Bonjour, Motobylette

Non, vous ne pouvez pas le faire encore avec EinkBro. Maintenant, vous devez ajouter des favoris manuellement. Mais, vous pouvez importer favoris avec json format comme ca:

[{"id":1,"title":"0 Facebook","url":"https:\/\/m.facebook.com\/?_rdr","isDirectory":false,"parent":0},{"id":3,"ti tle":"0 Twitter","url":"https:\/\/mobile.twitter.com\/home","isDirectory":false,"parent":0},{"id":69,"ti tle":"0 EinkBro","url":"","isDirectory":true,"parent":0},. ..]

Donc, si vous savez comment tranfer votres favoris sur chrome a la format au dessus, peut-etre ca marchera.

C'est dans le Settings -> Backup -> import bookmarks
Old 03-17-2022, 10:26 AM   #53
nilsws
nilsws began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox
Thank you, Daniel -- and a couple questions

Thank you for making EinkBro -- such a great app that makes my device a hundred times more useful! A couple questions I haven't been able to find answers for yet:

- I'd like to hide both toolbar and navigation button when reading, but am not sure how to get the toolbar back when I need it. I checked the multi-touch gestures, but unfortunately there is no option to show the toolbar when swiping with two fingers. Is there another way? If not, how about adding "show toolbar" as a multi-touch swipe option?

- Is there a way to navigate backward and forward in the browser history when toolbar and navigation button are both hidden? I tried the usual swipe from the edge but that does not seem to work. Worth adding?

- EinkBro uses the custom font for the reader mode, but seems to ignore font settings defined in website CSS (i.e. font-family). I have set Bookerly as the desired font-family in my web-based RSS reader, and other browsers display it correctly, while EinkBro seems to ignore it. Known issue?

Thanks again for creating this app. So awesome.
nilsws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #54
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsws View Post
- I'd like to hide both toolbar and navigation button when reading, but am not sure how to get the toolbar back when I need it. I checked the multi-touch gestures, but unfortunately there is no option to show the toolbar when swiping with two fingers. Is there another way? If not, how about adding "show toolbar" as a multi-touch swipe option?

- Is there a way to navigate backward and forward in the browser history when toolbar and navigation button are both hidden? I tried the usual swipe from the edge but that does not seem to work. Worth adding?

- EinkBro uses the custom font for the reader mode, but seems to ignore font settings defined in website CSS (i.e. font-family). I have set Bookerly as the desired font-family in my web-based RSS reader, and other browsers display it correctly, while EinkBro seems to ignore it. Known issue?
Hi,

Glad that EinkBro is useful for you. Here are my answers:

1. Yes, in Settings -> Behavior/UI, there's an option "First toolbar". you can check this option, so that you can press back to show the toolbar again before really going back in history. However, as you said, it would be more convenient to add an action for multi-touch gestures to show the toolbar again. I'll add this action in near future.

2. It should be possible in current version by using system-wise gesture (to swipe from edges). What device are you using? Does it work when it's not fullscreen? Some possible ways would be: 1) add this action to multi-touch gestures; 2) show the floating button when in fullscreen mode, and then you can also set up swipe gestures for the floating button. 3) use system-wise gesture. This one should work without any settings (but this may bring up the toolbar first, if you check this option in settings)

3. My bad. I remember I force the font settings in Reader mode when I implemented the feature. Now that the font configuration is more powerful and flexible, I will remove that fixed font settings for Reader mode. So that it will follow original web article css first if no extra font configuration are made. This would be fixed in next release.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:46 PM   #55
nilsws

Thanks, Daniel -- that's very helpful!

Regarding the ignored font setting, I was not referring to Reader mode, but to regular browsing. I use a self-hosted miniflux instance to read my RSS feeds, and have customized it for the e-reader (Onyx Boox), but EinkBro seems to ignore the custom font I have defined via CSS. Even in regular mode, it always uses a default font that cannot be changed, it seems. Could you look into that?

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2022, 11:35 AM   #56
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks, Daniel -- that's very helpful!

Regarding the ignored font setting, I was not referring to Reader mode, but to regular browsing. I use a self-hosted miniflux instance to read my RSS feeds, and have customized it for the e-reader (Onyx Boox), but EinkBro seems to ignore the custom font I have defined via CSS. Even in regular mode, it always uses a default font that cannot be changed, it seems. Could you look into that?

Thanks!
If you didn't configure any font settings, EinkBro should follow website CSS settings to load its defined font. Does your miniflux CSS works in other browsers in the same e-reader?
Old 03-31-2022, 09:23 AM   #57
nilsws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kao View Post
If you didn't configure any font settings, EinkBro should follow website CSS settings to load its defined font. Does your miniflux CSS works in other browsers in the same e-reader?
Yes, I have font-family Bookerly defined in my CSS and it does display correctly on other devices that have the font installed. I know that the font is properly installed because I use it in the Librera reader without issues. EinkBro also uses it as a custom font in reader mode without issues. But EinkBro seesms to ignore the fact that it is set as a default font-family in standard mode.
Old 04-06-2022, 11:20 AM   #58
Daniel Kao
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, I have font-family Bookerly defined in my CSS and it does display correctly on other devices that have the font installed. I know that the font is properly installed because I use it in the Librera reader without issues. EinkBro also uses it as a custom font in reader mode without issues. But EinkBro seesms to ignore the fact that it is set as a default font-family in standard mode.
You may need to provide the url for me to check. If your font-family Bookerly is not defined to the font file path on the device, it would not be working for EinkBro. In order to use any other fonts instead of system built-in font, it has to be either on the cloud and defined by CSS, or specifically defined a local font file path. The latter is how I did for custom font for EinkBro App. As for Librera reader, I am not sure how it's implemented; maybe it will scan the fonts on the your device, or, it may include that font in the reader.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #59
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Hi, what version of Android is required? cuz mine is 4.1.2 and adb install command returns with
Quote:
install_failed_older_sdk
after it pushes the pckg to temp. The same happened with EinkBro.

I'd really appreciate a good browser, I'm so tired of the one I have.

BTW, the device itself says there was a problem Parsing the package...

UPDATE: I pushed it to system/app as the final solution but it didn't get installed still...it appears non-compatible with my rk3026 android device

Last edited by amin021023; 04-30-2022 at 10:45 AM.
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:55 PM   #60
bookyboy
Addict
bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookyboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin021023 View Post
Hi, what version of Android is required? cuz mine is 4.1.2 and adb install command returns with after it pushes the pckg to temp. The same happened with EinkBro.

I'd really appreciate a good browser, I'm so tired of the one I have.

BTW, the device itself says there was a problem Parsing the package...

UPDATE: I pushed it to system/app as the final solution but it didn't get installed still...it appears non-compatible with my rk3026 android device
Sadly it requires Android 5+

I was trying to find a version for my Nook GLP 7.8" (on Android 4.4.2)

If anyone has any other browser recommendations that can work on Android 4, I'm all ears!

Super bummed to not be able to use einkbro
bookyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, browser, eink