Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-21-2021, 03:58 PM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Does soft/hard reset reset the firmware?

My old Onyx Nova Gen 1 is getting slow. I've installed a ton of stuff on there, so I figured I might do a hardware (or software) reset to clear it out. Will it reset the firmware version? I'm happy with the current version, and have no desire to reset it to the base FW version. I guess I would if I have to.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:54 PM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Soft Reset means reboot and hard reset means restore the firmware to initial state, which is the same as factory reset. During the hard reset it would not reset the device back to the base FW as the device would only have the running FW inside the device. Reset on Android is not the same as the reset on Laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
My old Onyx Nova Gen 1 is getting slow. I've installed a ton of stuff on there, so I figured I might do a hardware (or software) reset to clear it out. Will it reset the firmware version? I'm happy with the current version, and have no desire to reset it to the base FW version. I guess I would if I have to.

Last edited by winstonma; 10-21-2021 at 11:57 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:21 PM   #3
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Thanks. So it doesn't. Actually its been months since I even did a reboot. Onyx really are stable.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote