Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
Hiro5
Hiro5 began at the beginning.

Device: K3
Image with alpha channel changes to black color

I tried to convert an EPUB file with some png/gif files that have transparent zones, and that zones turns to black color, when i convert it to .MOBI for a kindle3.

If a ebook page it's supposed to be white (usually)... Why the "transparent zone" turns black?

Is there any option that i cannot see to fix|change this?
or do i have to edit the image file manually before the conversion?

Note: I know that I can use the "Tweak epub" option and edit the image, and this is not a big problem. But, why don't to add an option to fix this, or change the default black color to white?

Sorry for my poor english
and Thanks for any answer.

Last edited by Hiro5; 10-01-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Hiro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the color is not changed to black, the kindle just doesn't support transparency in images, which causes them to be rendered as black.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert