Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #46
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idoine View Post
You know what ? I almost always download the manuel of my devices even before I buy them...

Show off.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #47
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
Show off.

Amy

PS : BTW, it's a (good) habit when you work (like me) with computers and devices with softwares, to read the manual before using it (it's not one that my boss has... )

Last edited by Idoine; 09-12-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #48
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Agreed. And it is a bad habit to throw the manual on someone else and tell him, "read it and explain it to me."
Don´t ask
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #49
pestekkorna
pestekkorna began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
My crashes: 4 times while reading (short time periods) a txt file and while trying to navigate an epub file (DRM free).

I had to unplug the battery, to do a reset and once the combo power+page down did work but Opus froze on splashscreen.

Not really nice considering the price and the lack of firmware update.

Thank you for your patience!

Gennaro
pestekkorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #50
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestekkorna View Post
My crashes: 4 times while reading (short time periods) a txt file and while trying to navigate an epub file (DRM free).

I had to unplug the battery, to do a reset and once the combo power+page down did work but Opus froze on splashscreen.

Not really nice considering the price and the lack of firmware update.

Thank you for your patience!

Gennaro
Cf:

"This reset doesn't work correctly if you have a SD card inserted..."
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #51
pestekkorna
pestekkorna began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Cf:

"This reset doesn't work correctly if you have a SD card inserted..."
Thank you for your anwser. Unfortunately I read this passage after the crash

Next time a crash appears, I will try without SD card.

Still have the problem of sudden crashes while reading (txt, epub files, long or short times reading).

Gennaro
pestekkorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #52
ugerhard
ugerhard doesn't litterugerhard doesn't litter

Device: none
I have had an Opus for a good week now and have read quite a bit (several hours all in all, mostly in 30 minute sessions) in that time, only one epub file, a book converted from a mobi file via Calibre), and I have not had a single crash.

With the Gen3 I had regular crashes with a similar reading pattern, although these went markedly down in frequency once I removed the SD card and also began to visit the library screen in regular intervals (at least every 15-20 minutes) during reading.
ugerhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 AM   #53
elmargol
Enthusiast
elmargol began at the beginning.

I finished 1,5 books (epup) and my Opus crashed 4 times
elmargol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 AM   #54
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
I am shocked that Bookeen's new reader crashes all the time. Shocked. Never would have guessed it.

And you have to remove the card to reset? That's an improvement. And the reset button requires opening the battery cover? Sheer genius.

This company clearly has their priorities in order. Improving the quality of their product. Improving customer service. Lowering prices. Keeping the customer so happy they wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. Nothing's going to stop them from taking over the world.

Last edited by cmbs; 09-20-2009 at 09:56 AM.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #55
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
you only have to remove the sdcard when doing the reset with the key and not the reset button, due to a bug in the firmware that will be corrected soonly, like for the crashing comportment.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #56
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
This company clearly has their priorities in order. Improving the quality of their product. Improving customer service. Lowering prices. Keeping the customer so happy they wouldn't dream of going elsewhere. Nothing's going to stop them from taking over the world.
Bookeen have, more than once, stated that the firmware on opus, and the one on the ePub gen3, was not final. These bugs will be fixed.

And well, name me a company whose stuff is perfect fist time round...

Quote:
And you have to remove the card to reset? That's an improvement. And the reset button requires opening the battery cover? Sheer genius.
Read the previous posts...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #57
elmargol
Enthusiast

Somehow pressing those 2 buttons does not reset my device? What keys do I have to press exactly? Can you take picture or something?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hold in the power button. Press in the "back back" button" (the lower of the two long thin buttons) and keep both buttons pressed in until the blue light flashes and the machine reboots. It normally takes about 10 seconds.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:40 AM   #59
elmargol
Enthusiast

1 and 3?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opus.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	36198  
Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yes
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote