Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #16
mjmcleod
Connoisseur
mjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to behold

Device: Galaxy Tab
Today's crash was a little different. Reading, hit "next page", and the unit locks up. The blue LED stays on but all buttons are unresponsive. Can't power off, can't reset.

Removing the battery cleared that up, at least, but I really really hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence: the battery on the Opus (at least, don't know about the Gen3) has a really stupid and fiddly connector and I have big hands.

I'm getting annoyed enough that I went to look at the "Service and Returns" page on the Bookeen website, but of course that's redirecting to the product page so I can't even find out what my options are!
mjmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:24 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmcleod View Post
Today's crash was a little different. Reading, hit "next page", and the unit locks up. The blue LED stays on but all buttons are unresponsive. Can't power off, can't reset.

Removing the battery cleared that up, at least, but I really really hope this isn't going to be a common occurrence: the battery on the Opus (at least, don't know about the Gen3) has a really stupid and fiddly connector and I have big hands.

I'm getting annoyed enough that I went to look at the "Service and Returns" page on the Bookeen website, but of course that's redirecting to the product page so I can't even find out what my options are!
Umf, website a bit buggy.
you shall mail support @ bookeen . com to get support. Then, bookeen tells you what to do depending on the problem you have.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
mjmcleod
Connoisseur
mjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to beholdmjmcleod is a marvel to behold

Device: Galaxy Tab
Yup, I've done that. Once a few days ago for the first batch of bugs (no response as yet), and again for today's.
mjmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Please stop to report bugs so that the MobiPocket firmware with folder support can be released...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #20
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Please stop to report bugs so that the MobiPocket firmware with folder support can be released...
What?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #21
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
What?
It was kind of a joke... I suspect that they delay the release of the firmware for the Gen 3 because of bugs and if they know about more bugs the release will be delayed more. But I want the new firmware even if it is buggy (so I can help with the reporting of bugs also).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Opus's firmware is definitely a bit buggy. I've had half a dozen hangups, but luckily the "keyboard reset" (hold down power key + page down for 10s) has successfully restarted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:29 AM   #23
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
With all this bug reports we're likely to see a firmware update for the Opus before Bookeen considers the final version of firmware updates for the Cybook (which is running, after all).

So I think we're in for another round of delays.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:32 AM   #24
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given the fact that the Opus firmware is version "1.9", I strongly suspect that it's the same "beta" firmware that the "Weldbild" version of the Gen3 is running. The delays to the release of the Gen3 firmware are presumably to get rid of these current bugs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:36 AM   #25
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

All irony aside, I'm glad to have my prc Cybook Gen3 up and running with just an occasional screen freeze, most of the time due to low battery.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:42 AM   #26
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
With all this bug reports we're likely to see a firmware update for the Opus before Bookeen considers the final version of firmware updates for the Cybook (which is running, after all).

So I think we're in for another round of delays.
Personally I doubt Bookeen will ever get around to releasing that update. They'll just stop mentioning it.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:52 AM   #27
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
yeah you are surely right, even bookeen will close their doors next week because of people like you
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #28
K-Thom
The one and only

Quote:
yeah you are surely right, even bookeen will close their doors next week because of people like you
As long as it isn't the second Monday next week we won't have much to be afraid of, won't we?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 AM   #29
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Yep for sure
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:14 AM   #30
Nina182B
Connoisseur
Nina182B began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Cybook Opus, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina182B View Post
Bookeen support e-mailed me back and said they are going to look into why my Opus was freezing. Asked me for more details like how long Opus was on before it crashed, what kind of files, how big were the files. Also asked me if I had the Auto Power Off de-activated or not (I had it de-activated all the time). So now I'm going to wait and see if it freezes with the Auto Power Off is activated. Maybe that will make a difference.
Update on this: Bookeen support e-mailed me today. E-mail states:
This issue has been identified. The Development Team is working on resolving it. The solution will be integrated into the coming firmware upgrade.

So far, I've been really happy with my Opus. I'm so glad I gave up the Kindle and got the Opus instead. I'm not really holding my breath for the firmware upgrade because I can live with the freezing issue. I'm just glad they're letting me know what's going on.
Nina182B is offline   Reply With Quote