Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 12:30 AM   #1
Jmhdiver1
Jmhdiver1 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 5
Can't get CC to connect to Calibre

I've had CC connect to my old computer, but now have everything on Mac Pro, running big sur. Have restarted both ipad & computer. No luck. This is error i received: calibre, version 4.23.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Device closed the network connection

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 1360, in books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 684, in _receive_from_client
ControlError: Device closed the network connection
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
Jmhdiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #2
Jmhdiver1
Jmhdiver1 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 5
Update: I got it to connect as a content server, so disregard.
Jmhdiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Since IOS 15.1 CC does not connect by wireless device, only content server. Wireless Device with Read syncing with Calibre was the only reason I was still using CC. So I guess that finally finishes CC for me, as Marvin and Goodreader both connect to Calibre with content server, so I have no more use for Calibre Companion.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote