Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
Custom column date

I've searched for this, but can't find it. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.

I created a custom column for the date I read a particular book. When I go to add the date, however, I encounter a strange problem.

It shows "undefined" before I add a date (this is fine). If I click the arrow to bring up the calendar to add the date, I get "January 101" as the calendar heading.

This is not a HUGE problem, I can just hit the "Set 'ReadDate' to today" button, then modify it from there. However, hitting that button is not yet automatic. What am I doing, or not doing, to make this happen? I tried changing the date format just in case, but that doesn't seem to change anything (although I did just try one alternative).

Thanks for any insight!
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
I've searched for this, but can't find it. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.

I created a custom column for the date I read a particular book. When I go to add the date, however, I encounter a strange problem.

It shows "undefined" before I add a date (this is fine). If I click the arrow to bring up the calendar to add the date, I get "January 101" as the calendar heading.

This is not a HUGE problem, I can just hit the "Set 'ReadDate' to today" button, then modify it from there. However, hitting that button is not yet automatic. What am I doing, or not doing, to make this happen? I tried changing the date format just in case, but that doesn't seem to change anything (although I did just try one alternative).

Thanks for any insight!
that date 1/1/101 the official 'has not been set' date. a real blank is not a date to the database

But my date columns are blank until I set one.
Open the Metadata editor (custom column tab) on the title, you should see a clear date button next to that field
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 03:20 PM   #3
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Sage
That really doesn't help. Maybe I'm not being clear. Until I set a date, there is no date in the column. However, when I go to set the date, having the year as 101 is not too convenient. I know it's just an extra step to hit the set date to today button, and then modify it from there (if it's a different date), but I'd rather it not be necessary.

If that's just the way it is, I'll learn to live with it, but on the "official" metadata, I sometimes have the published date show up as 'Undefined', and if I input the date manually, 101 is not what comes up when I hit that arrow.
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Now I understand (I rarely use that pulldown)
If you select the 101, you can type a year (you are not forced to use the arrows)

If you don't use the pulldown, you should be able to enter a full date

In the spreadsheet (main GUI) placing the field in edit mode (f2) pre-fills with today
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
In the booklist/spreadsheet cells you can press '=' to get current date, and '-' to clear the date to the Undefined value.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-01-2014 at 09:42 PM. Reason: correction refelecting next post
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
'=' works the same in the metadata editor. But, for custom date columns, '-' is setting the date to "01 Jan 0101 00:00". Which is also what happens when you click in the field if it was undefined. I feel like it has changed, but I don't know for sure.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
'=' works the same in the metadata editor. But, for custom date columns, '-' is setting the date to "01 Jan 0101 00:00". Which is also what happens when you click in the field if it was undefined. I feel like it has changed, but I don't know for sure.
I rarely use the one-at-a-time metadata editor in part because because there too many overloaded accelerator keys, 99% of things I want I can do in the book list cells - except Comments

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote