Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
btclark08
btclark08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS350
Post Reader Library Rtf Conversion issue

I am experiencing an issue that I am having trouble resolving.
I am running Windows 7 32bit which is updated completely.

When I try to transfer a .doc or .docx to the reader I get an error message that says

"Unable to access the file because it is being used in another application. Close the other application and try again."

There are no applications running and i verified that in the task manager.
I have tried it with files that have not been used in years and the same luck.

If i convert it to a .rtf it works fine, I just don't want to have extra copies of files that i have had to convert.
My coworker has the same reader and has no issues, so I know it can work, mine just doesn't.

Any help would be great, thanks
Brian
btclark08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Sony readers do not read .doc(x) files in native format without conversion...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
btclark08
btclark08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS350
Conversion

Yes I realize that.

However, Reader Library is supposed to automatically convert a doc to a rtf keeping me from having to create a second copy in .rtf format on my hdd.
btclark08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by btclark08 View Post
..Reader Library is supposed to automatically convert a doc to a rtf ...
Conversion via Reader Library depends on a installed MS Word. (See manual)
Maybe there are some problems with access-right's? So Reader Library isn't allowed to access WORD or viec versa.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by btclark08 View Post
Yes I realize that.

However, Reader Library is supposed to automatically convert a doc to a rtf keeping me from having to create a second copy in .rtf format on my hdd.
If you import the .docx (File>Import Files/Import Folders) to the Reader Library it will create a link in the reader library and not a second copy. You cannot view it in Reader Library (It will ask you to use the software that created the file), but when you copy it to your reader, the software will convert it to RTF.

As stated, you must have a valid copy of Word.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
mark2410
mark2410 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
bump as im having the same issue
mark2410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
350, reader, reader library, word conversion