Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Free (BN) When Cows Fly by Tom Watson -Children's fiction Illustrated?

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Whe...9781609844981/

Description:
Quote:
A fun story written in a rhyming, limerick style, "When Cows Fly" is aimed at the younger set. Illustrated with finely cut paper illustrations, the story revolves around a boy in the woods, his pet cows and a massive pile of garbage that is accumulating nearby. Jacob takes matters into his own hands. He attaches wings to his cows and they go to work. What happens next is both funny and (a little bit ... ) gross. You can probably guess. From B&N
Amazon currently $0.99
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Although I appreciate the effort, I wonder if posting these self-published free titles at B&N is worth it? Smashwords and Pubit apparently make these easy to give away and there are literally thousands of them (all of which have to charge in the Kindle store, due to their restrictions on free books thru DTP). You could literally post hundreds a day and perhaps never get done (seems there are a few dozen more each day at Smashwords.

Now, if it's a book you've read and recommend, that's an entirely different matter (assuming, of course, that you are not the author, the author's mother, the author's kid, the author's bookie or loan officer, etc....).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Well, my daughter apparently liked it on my husband's nook color...
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Perfect - that's the type of info I'm looking for! With just a listing of the book and the description, there isn't any indication that you had tried the book (or just found it, going thru the search at B&N).

On the B&N forums, people post every free book they find, sometimes ... none of which they have read. You can imagine how cluttered that gets, when it occurs.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I sometimes wonder also and I only posted a few of them; the ones that seemed different or received good reviews. Like this one- a children's illustrated fiction in limerick style.

Whether it's self published, indie published or small imprint published has no bearing on the book's quality. So I leave it up to the forum members whether to download it or not.

Often, the author offers his first book complimentary when another in the series is published. (I listed one of these too)

I didn't list any self-published non-fiction titles as I can't confirm if (s)he had it fact checked by an independent consultant.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert