Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 01:10 AM   #16096
katzsis
katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.katzsis will give the Devil his due.

Device: Sony T3
Wonders will never cease. i used DSCVR90BK last night on a whim and it worked on a book that didn't even list as couponable - go figure.
Others may also enjoy success - good luck.

p.s Australian store

Last edited by katzsis; 03-16-2017 at 01:11 AM. Reason: add detail
katzsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:08 AM   #16097
samosa
Groupie
samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samosa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, AuraHD, AuraH2O, GloHD, Mini, DXG, PW123, Voyage, NookSTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzsis View Post
Wonders will never cease. i used DSCVR90BK last night on a whim and it worked on a book that didn't even list as couponable - go figure.
Others may also enjoy success - good luck.

p.s Australian store

Thanks for bringing this up. Just bought a book from the Canadian store using this coupon.
samosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2017, 11:48 AM   #16098
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Good old Kobo sent me a 20% coupon for my birthday, which is of no use considering how much more expensive they are compared to Amazon, then sent me a 90% off selected books coupon, which is even less use than the first one!

Now I've been waiting since the 15th for a book to appear that was uploaded on that day, it's release date. Still not showing yet it's been on Amazon since the 15th. I just want to use up my points as I'm not bothering to renew. Unless they get their act together I'm just giving up and stick with Amazon.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #16099
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa View Post
Thanks for bringing this up. Just bought a book from the Canadian store using this coupon.
Still no joy for me. That code has never worked for me. That's at the Canadian store.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #16100
bludger
bludger began at the beginning.

Device: Auro H2O
I've been trying for the past week or so to get OPEN75UP to work (they sent me the suggestion as a new customer I guess), but it doesn't seem to work on anything at all. The error saying that the code only works with some publishers or 'item isn't eligible', or whatever, isn't very useful when you have no idea what that error applies to and have to go through the checkout procedure for EVERY BOOK to find out. Very annoying!

Not sure i'll bother with the Kobo store - clumsy search and expensive anyway, as well as this issue.

Last edited by bludger; 03-18-2017 at 09:02 PM.
bludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #16101
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludger View Post
I've been trying for the past week or so to get OPEN75UP to work (they sent me the suggestion as a new customer I guess), but it doesn't seem to work on anything at all. The error saying that the code only works with some publishers or 'item isn't eligible', or whatever, isn't very useful when you have no idea what that error applies to and have to go through the checkout procedure for EVERY BOOK to find out. Very annoying!

Not sure i'll bother with the Kobo store - clumsy search and expensive anyway, as well as this issue.
There search has, or at least had, a way to filer the results to coupon eligible only titles so that may help.

Here is a list of eligible publishers I put together a long time back. It isn't all inclusive, but may be of help (you can add all/most self published books to that list too)...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=698
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #16102
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:

As AnemicOak says, there is a filter for coupon eligible books. Wherever you see a column on the left of filters, below all the other filters (keep scrolling) is a button labeled "Items Eligible For Promo Codes." It adds "fcpromocodes=Yes" to the end of the current url.

ETA: Don't know if the filter is always completely correct, but it should at least give you a much better idea.

Last edited by lkmiller; 03-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:35 AM   #16103
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
I just got an email from Kobo:

Quote:
Get 35% off your next
great read.

Use discount code: T73R4L

Offer ends: 26 March 2017

Get 35% OFF select titles and find your next escape.

In this case, clicking the 'browse now' button brings up a select list of 1558601 books.

That amuses me for some reason
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #16104
bludger
bludger began at the beginning.

Device: Auro H2O
Thanks AnemicOak & Ikmiller, that did at least reduce the list somewhat (not that I've checked many). That "Items Eligible for promo codes" box actually only showed up at the bottom after I'd closed the drop-down box for pricing and reopened it. No wonder I never saw it! Pretty small list though really. Oh well.
bludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #16105
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
If you don't mind getting store credit, Kobo will price match other stores for an effective price of 90% of the other store's price. I do it often, and except for during last December, when the delay was more like 5-7 business days, the credit usually shows up the next business day. These days, I only buy from Amazon when they're selling the ebook exclusively. I only have epub readers anyway, so it's one less conversion to do. Also, if you join their VIP program, (which I only did recently when I realized I had enough points to do so for free), any book that is coupon eligible will be discounted by 10%.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #16106
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:

I just got the coupon to work. You probably need to limit to books eligible for coupons. I am a VIP, so every book that is eligible for a discount has the "VIP" symbol next to it since I get an automatic discount on all those books.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #16107
sean1966
sean1966 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
NH9RHD ----25%
sean1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #16108
NicolaLouise
NicolaLouise doesn't litterNicolaLouise doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo used to email codes and have contests, etc. It seems like they never do that anymore.
NicolaLouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:56 AM   #16109
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolaLouise View Post
Kobo used to email codes and have contests, etc. It seems like they never do that anymore.
I received an email code for 25% off a week or two back, and others are reporting anywhere from 25 - 90% off codes they receive via email.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #16110
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
They still email codes on occasion. Of course half the time the codes don't work even on eligible books...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals