Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
MR Cook-E-Book.

Just a thought.

Can someone figure a way to make an interactive MR cookbook?

The "MR Cook-e-Book". Sounds nice.

Since I know nothing of programming I wanted to see if this can be done first and by whom.

Here's how it should work. We start a thread that has special tag tools not found in other threads. When someone posts a recipe you wrap your special quote around the text and automatically it winds up in the Cook-e-Book. This book is in the downloads in a special place. Of course anything would have to be Modded before it winds up there.
Some additional tags could be available to categorize recipe types that would automatically put the selected text in the right chapters. Every recipe would have the name of the poster added at the end with comments.
I would like it to be better than a wiki with an MR design touch.
To make it really interactive, you can quick reply a recipe to add a "Tried by *add yor name here* " with personal comments, improvements or substitute ingredients in a limited way to keep things short.

The Cook-e-Book should be available for all ebook reading devices out there to be used in a kitchen. Of course available only to registered members. We could do a web promo about it to bring in new users.

A user could periodically re download the book to have new recipes or we could have a fresh edition every months or so but I think a well catalogged book that is renewed should be best.

So, whaddayathink?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I like the idea. Not sure if it could be implemented within the current forum technology.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Cool! And if I download the ebook and click on a recipe, will you automatically make it for us? (just asking)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
So, whaddayathink?

I think it sounds likea wonderful idea........as long as DixieGals's cornbread casserole is first on the list!

Seriously.....it would be nice, but its not hard to just copy and post it on the other thread now.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I think it sounds likea wonderful idea........as long as DixieGals's cornbread casserole is first on the list!

Seriously.....it would be nice, but its not hard to just copy and post it on the other thread now.
Sure but you have to get a printout to use it. In this concept you use the recipe in your kitchen right off your Kindle.

There are too many threads with cooking ideas and to find a recipe one needs to read through everything.
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Cool! And if I download the ebook and click on a recipe, will you automatically make it for us? (just asking)
i like that feature !!! where's that button ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Sure but you have to get a printout to use it. In this concept you use the recipe in your kitchen right off your Kindle.

There are too many threads with cooking ideas and to find a recipe one needs to read through everything.
well, there is *one* thread which is supposed to centralise the recipes, that's a good start. and you can always turn it into an ebook so you don't have to print it out. of course, personally, i'm not sure i want my liseuse in the kitchen, too many liquids and heavy, potentially falling objects !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
of course, personally, i'm not sure i want my liseuse in the kitchen, too many liquids and heavy, potentially falling objects !
Secret footage recorded from Zelda's kitchen during the last Paris Meet-Up. They don't talk about it much any more but several liseueseuseuses were lost in the battle.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I like the idea!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
...i'm not sure i want my liseuse in the kitchen, too many liquids and heavy, potentially falling objects !
Which one, the ebookwise or the *not700* ?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
of course, personally, i'm not sure i want my liseuse in the kitchen, too many liquids and heavy, potentially falling objects !
Mine does come into the kitchen with me, but is kept away from liquids, food and other potential hazards. Except when I decide that reading and stirring sauce at the same time is OK...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote