Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Doubt about Cybook Gen3 Gold

Hi,

I have a question and I hope somebody can give me and answer. A friend of mine has bought a Cybook Gen3 Gold (Version 1.9). At the manual they say this version can read Mobipocket files, but she puts them into the reader and they don't appear. Does she have to do anything special or is the manual wrong?

Thank you very much

Marisa
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Version 1.5 is the latest version that supports Mobipocket.

Version 2.0 is the ePub only version and your friend probably has an older version of the ePub only firmware. She should be able to download both firmware versions from the Bookeen site and decide which one she prefers.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Version 1.5 is the latest version that supports Mobipocket.

Version 2.0 is the ePub only version and your friend probably has an older version of the ePub only firmware. She should be able to download both firmware versions from the Bookeen site and decide which one she prefers.
...or use the TIRWAL version, which can do both.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, she has the 1.9, DRM-ed ePub, but the handbook said another thing and she understood nothing. She's going to change to 1.5 (Mobipocket better than ePub for her). About Tirwal FW, sorry, I think she rather stays with official FW (I think that perhaps I'll do the change), she isn't going to change and she isn't going to read ePub, so no purpose there. Thank you by the info, anyway.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
A custom firmware for the Cybook? Did I miss anything?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
I didn't find any mention of the Cybook being supported on the TIRWAL threads.
I ddin't read them end to end, maybe I overlooked a post.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:30 AM   #7
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
A custom firmware for the Cybook? Did I miss anything?
If you did, I missed it too. What's this about a custom firmware that'll take both ePub and Mobi? Is it safe? Is it reliable?

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #8
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
???!!!

If I understand correctly, TIRWAL is only a mod of the HANLIN firmware. What the mess with Bookeen's Firmware?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I was thinking the same, and Google agreed with me, but I wasn't sure.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I was thinking the same, and Google agreed with me, but I wasn't sure.
I think I've read somewhere about a modification of the Hanlin/BeBook 2.6 (?) TIRWAL version. But I haven't tried it myself (absolutely fine with Cybooks since the firmware update), so you're probably right.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
mgmueller: I don't understand what you mean. Hanlin devices are not the same as Bookeen/netronix one. There is no possible way to put an Hanlin firmware on a netronix hardware
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
mgmueller
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
mgmueller: I don't understand what you mean. Hanlin devices are not the same as Bookeen/netronix one. There is no possible way to put an Hanlin firmware on a netronix hardware
I have to check whether I find the article again (didn't matter to me, I'm not using my Cybooks or BeBook at all).
It was about extracting the reader modules from TIRWAL and putting them on Cybook. Might have been WIP or something like that.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, it would be very interesting to read about it but only like theory. My Gen3 hasn't frozen since Christmas's Eve (FW 1.5), and it works well with folders, so I'm not going to experiment but reading