Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #16
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The high resolution is a huge feature on the Aura HD. However I haven't seen the Aura yet and I don't know how its screen is.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I tend to read without my glasses and so I hold my reader quite close to my face. Because of this, the higher resolution of the Aura HD is really important to me. I can really tell the difference between the Aura (had a look at it in the store the otherday) and the Aura HD in this respect.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would choose Aura HD over Aura due to the size and screen resolution difference.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #19
caheaton
Enthusiast
caheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametercaheaton can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo & Kindle apps (PC, Android), Aura HD, Kindle Touch
I also ordered an Aura HD to supplement the Nook HD+ I ordered for my wife (and hope to share in its use). I had been leaning towards the Glo, as I like the small size, but I often have to bump up the print size, or hold close for me to read (as others do here). This, in addition to the fact that many of my non-fiction books have charts, maps and illustrations I decided the extra real estate on the screen would be beneficial. For those times when I must have a smaller device, I'll just bring my Kindle and read what I have in there :-) .
Craig
caheaton is offline   Reply With Quote