Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Information

I was recommended the Onyx because it is able to hold a lot of books with no troubles so my question is does anyone here have a lot of books on their Onyx? I have over 5000 books I eventually want to put on and the Kobo I have isn't able to handle it.

Anyone have anything to say about the Onyx BOOX i62HD Angel Glow? I thought it looked very nice since I love front lit.

I've looked all over but I can't find any pictures of the the library. I like having the covers displayed to make it easier to recognize what book is what.

Overall how many of people who own one is happy? Do they have good costumer care? Are they sturdy, or easily broken?

I have to admit I'm a little leery about buying it since I live in Canada and it would be expensive to send it back should something happen and it needs to be fixed.

Any bits of info you would like to share, especially if you could compare it to the Kobo, Sony, Nook, or even the Kindle.

Thanks
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
On Onyx i62, M92, you haven't a "library". You use a classical filesystem with directories if you want. It's more useful because you can order your books as you want, by directories, filenames - the name of the file, not the name of the book. You can order them with the metadata (the name of the book for EPUB), but if you have many books it could be a quite long because all books must be analyzed for that before to be displayed.

Read this thread "Where to buy a Onyx M92" : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172797, about the stores.

In this forum, the support is done by Booxtor : http://ereader-store.eu. Booxtor provides the updates for the standard Onyx devices : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164162.

If you live in Canada, the cost of shipping + local taxes is to consider.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
On Onyx i62, M92, you haven't a "library". You use a classical filesystem with directories if you want. It's more useful because you can order your books as you want, by directories, filenames - the name of the file, not the name of the book. You can order them with the metadata (the name of the book for EPUB), but if you have many books it could be a quite long because all books must be analyzed for that before to be displayed.
Know of any images of what this looks like? I've only had a library and can't quite picture what it looks like. And wouldn't that make it really hard to find a book amongst 5000+ books?

Thanks for the other links

EDIT: is there any way to get this kind of system on a ereader, wipe that system off then add this kind?

Last edited by Bittybye; 06-29-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Sorry, I'm not sure to understand what you want say. But this some pictures of my collection of books of my M92, but it's the same thing for I62xxx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00083.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	107510   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00084.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	107511   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00085.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	107512  
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
I think finding a book amongsts 5000+ would be hard in any case.
What i do is to keep a calibre list of unread book on the reader.
Plus some shortcut to some ten unread books in order to choose one.
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert