Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #106
jswinden
Nameless Being

Although I remain very skeptical about these "solution" reports by CS reps, at least Amazon continues to send out replacements. If this were Apple you would be told "your holding it wrong" and then offered an extra $30 magical, mystical rubber band to solve all your problems! Unfortunately the expensive rubber band would get lost in the mail due to the shipper using iOS 6 Maps!

Last edited by jswinden; 11-04-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #107
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
LOL. I agree! I think Amazon really deserves a lot of credit for how they're handling this in sending out replacements and calling people that are unhappy. I do have faith the will solve the issue eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #108
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
The "new" replacement I rec'd Friday also had the "R" on the label, as well as no QuickStart Card in the box. The Amazon CS rep "guaranteed" that I would receive a new unit, not a refurb. This really pisses me off.
I understand your frustration. How is the unit itself? Is it an improvement for you?
Old 11-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #109
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
LOL. I agree! I think Amazon really deserves a lot of credit for how they're handling this in sending out replacements and calling people that are unhappy. I do have faith the will solve the issue eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
While it is good that they are calling people to try and sort things, and I have faith they will get a good product released eventually, I'm not so sure that Amazon deserve any credit for the replacement roundabout that a number of people seem to be on. They've gone down a little in my estimation with how they are handling it.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #110
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
While it is good that they are calling people to try and sort things, and I have faith they will get a good product released eventually, I'm not so sure that Amazon deserve any credit for the replacement roundabout that a number of people seem to be on. They've gone down a little in my estimation with how they are handling it.
I understand your feeling. I have been through multiple replacements and had had ongoing phone calls from a rep which started after I left a 1 star review of PW. It has been frustrating, no doubt, but I have appreciated the call backs. I really think they're in a difficult position right now with the color hue defect. I'm not sure how it will turn out, but hopefully something positive will happen in the coming months.
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #111
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
I understand your frustration. How is the unit itself? Is it an improvement for you?
Early indications - it appears to be no better/no worse than my original PW.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 AM   #112
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
I agree with sparklemotion: they are in a difficult position at the moment. I got the worst customer service merrygorounds ever, to the point where I was literally in tears, but at least someone took action after my review and I now no longer have to repeat myself again and again.

Just too bad it took a 1 star review....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #113
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I just hope all you folk that have been exchanging Kindles back and forth with Amazon eventually end up with a good one, and not just one that will do because you are fed up sending it back. Honestly, if it were me I'd probably have given up and went and bought a Kobo Glo instead.

However, as I've just posted elsewhere in the forum, I've now had the chance to see a PW instore at Waterstones and while it's just a demo model under shop lighting, it looked terrific. Couldn't find a hint of colour on it, and even with the light up full the screen looked very evenly lit. So I'm now tempted again....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I just hope all you folk that have been exchanging Kindles back and forth with Amazon eventually end up with a good one, and not just one that will do because you are fed up sending it back. Honestly, if it were me I'd probably have given up and went and bought a Kobo Glo instead.

However, as I've just posted elsewhere in the forum, I've now had the chance to see a PW instore at Waterstones and while it's just a demo model under shop lighting, it looked terrific. Couldn't find a hint of colour on it, and even with the light up full the screen looked very evenly lit. So I'm now tempted again....
The thing is if you can buy from a store it's easy to play the exchange game. I think if I could buy one from Best Buy I would give it a shot. Mine does not know when they will have them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #115
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The thing is if you can buy from a store it's easy to play the exchange game. I think if I could buy one from Best Buy I would give it a shot. Mine does not know when they will have them.
I got put off from buying one at Best Buy when I saw how awful the display one looked. Tons of blue and pink on it, worse than any of mine. They only lasted a few days at the Best Buys near me, they are all sold out now.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #116
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Following up to this post that someone made on the Amazon discussion boards:

Well I finally got some satisfactory answers from Amazon. I had to return my fourth Kindle Paperwhite - 3G w/o special offers Kindle PW, as well as my previous three wifi with special offers. I received a phone call from a rep from a special Kindle Paperwhite team and was informed that Amazon and Jeff Bezos are well-aware of the issue of the discoloration of the screens. She said it is a huge issue and they are working to resolve it ASAP. She told me they are manufacturing new Kindle PaperWhites and are making adjustments to the LED lights - which is the reason for the problem, according to the engineers. She said she would stay in contact with me and when they have the new Kindle PaperWhites with no screen issues, she will have one sent out to me immediately. She is also extending my return time to 90 days and said not to worry that even if it goes beyond that time period when the newly manufactured PWs are available, I will be sent one. (But I sure HOPE it doesn't take that long!)
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I spoke to Andrew from Amazon Kindle tonight and he wouldn't confirm anything like this at all so I'm really not sure what to think. Sigh.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #117
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
duplicate

Last edited by mikeschr; 11-05-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: duplicate
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #118
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Following up to this post that someone made on the Amazon discussion boards:

Well I finally got some satisfactory answers from Amazon. I had to return my fourth Kindle Paperwhite - 3G w/o special offers Kindle PW, as well as my previous three wifi with special offers. I received a phone call from a rep from a special Kindle Paperwhite team and was informed that Amazon and Jeff Bezos are well-aware of the issue of the discoloration of the screens. She said it is a huge issue and they are working to resolve it ASAP. She told me they are manufacturing new Kindle PaperWhites and are making adjustments to the LED lights - which is the reason for the problem, according to the engineers. She said she would stay in contact with me and when they have the new Kindle PaperWhites with no screen issues, she will have one sent out to me immediately. She is also extending my return time to 90 days and said not to worry that even if it goes beyond that time period when the newly manufactured PWs are available, I will be sent one. (But I sure HOPE it doesn't take that long!)
--------------------------------------------------------

Well, I spoke to Andrew from Amazon Kindle tonight and he wouldn't confirm anything like this at all so I'm really not sure what to think. Sigh.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #119
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I know what you mean tmf, but I'd still like to know where the conflicting info is coming from and if they are really working on a fix. I figure since I have a rep that is trying to work with me, I may as well try and find out what I can.

He did call me back a little while ago and said he's going to try and find out more info regarding everything for me and will call me back next week.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 11-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #120
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Wasn't xendula supposed to get her new one yesterday ? Anyone heard anything about it ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote