Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
From the images I saw, the Letto reader seems to have a power button (instead of the original power switch/slide), so it should have the newer hardware.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
DuckieTigger, because I have the same problem (and Bookeen does not respond to my query), I'll try to repair. Can you tell me where are the hooks of the case - on the front or the back cover?
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #33
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If it's broken, and the track are broken, there is nothing you can do. Really. The photo post by DuckieTigger show something non reparable.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #34
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Flinx: if you are in Europe and within the 2 year warranty, try having it repaired by Bookeen. At least with Italian customers, they are directly sending back a V. 2 Odyssey instead of a repaired V. 1 Odyssey.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #35
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
I did already try with Bookeen's support form, but they do not answer (one week). I have the device for 11 months. Will try again. Thanks.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #36
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Yeah, they have very long response time, so be patient. You might want to post a message on their Facebook/Twitter stream, they are (arguably) quicker to respond, then.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #37
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Sorry can't really help there. It is impossible to open the Odyssey without breaking something. Some of my little plastic laches broke off, and around the edge marks from screwdriver are visible. Bookeen either has a special tool, or simply destroy the top cover and replace it with a new one opun closing.

As much as I liked Bookeen, I do not want that experience again. Moved on, and a while ago switched to Kindle. The one thing I really miss is the great folder support. But otherwise I believe the Kindles are made of much better quality (material and assembly wise). Good luck on getting yours replaced.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #38
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I recently had to deal with bookeen support (USB broke), they are totally overflowed these days. Well, it's been a while since bookeen support isn't in bussy bussy mode. They need to find one more person I think.

Good new the cybook i got back is a fixed version, no more USB trouble and all. Though i had to get the on/off button repaired on that one too... I'm definitively cursed.

Call me crazy but i mean to get the odyssey frontlight despite of all the mess / bad luck with the odyssey one. Folder mode and physical buttons are a must. Kindle is just no way until they support ePub.
And being in France, returns are less a problem to me. Less expensive too.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 11-24-2012 at 11:04 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #39
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Good that it works for you. The new Odyssey HD or what it is called appears to be the same screen as on Kindle Paperwhite - too much coincidence with the same resolution and all. The missing epub support used to bother me, but not any more with KF8 - plus even on epub readers you are locked in somewhat. So on top of removing drm, the format shifting is not that much more clicking involved. The ease of use and excellent customer service of Amazon is something great for me as well here in the us.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #40
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Good that it works for you. The new Odyssey HD or what it is called appears to be the same screen as on Kindle Paperwhite - too much coincidence with the same resolution and all. The missing epub support used to bother me, but not any more with KF8 - plus even on epub readers you are locked in somewhat. So on top of removing drm, the format shifting is not that much more clicking involved. The ease of use and excellent customer service of Amazon is something great for me as well here in the us.
The problem with mobi and kf8 -> proprietary.
Second, my books are ePub, don't want to bother with converting unless actually forced to do so. It's easy, but not converting is even easier And you sometimes lose things in conversion.
Had amazon opened to France a few years earlier, maybe. There, sorry, it's too late.

DRM, you have to remove them anyway...
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #41
Fourvin
Enthusiast
Fourvin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Odyssey 2011, PocketBook Touch Lux
Bought mine 11 months ago, the connector went off in may, I sent it back to Bookeen and got another one a couple of weeks later, with a stronger connector and a push on/off button (instead of a sliding one).

But at this rate, I do not know how long Bookeen can survive...

I am also very surprised that no software update has been released in almost a year. Maybe they invested everything in setting up the HD one, but obviously, Bookeen has hard times matching their competition.
Fourvin is offline   Reply With Quote