Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Unhappy Problem with my Kobo library

There seem to be a problem with the Kobo site, this morning books disappeared from my reading list so I tried to bookmark the books in my purchased list. It took a long time to do 2 pages and after the second page my purchased list whent down from 192 books to about 120 books anybody else had that problem?

Last edited by estelle58; 11-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Ham Cannon
Enthusiast
Ham Cannon doesn't litterHam Cannon doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony Reader 505, Kobo Touch, iPad 1, iPhone 4
I just noticed a problem where several books in my library have moved to Purchased, meaning that I can't find them anywhere on my Touch or iPad, only on the Kobo site. I have no idea how to move these books back to the library so I can read them again. Very frustrating.

Edit--I just figured out that by bookmarking the first page of these books on the website, they are now considered part of my "I'm Reading" list and will sync back to my library. Not very intuitive...

Last edited by Ham Cannon; 11-04-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Ham Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what happened to me and when I try to bookmark the books in my purchased list books disapeare from the list

Last edited by estelle58; 11-09-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Free books do not get to be on your purchased list forever. If you delete the books on your device, it will delete in the desktop app, and unless it is still free, you may never see it again. I keep ePUB backups.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #5
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Free books do not get to be on your purchased list forever. If you delete the books on your device, it will delete in the desktop app, and unless it is still free, you may never see it again. I keep ePUB backups.
I think Free kepubs never show up in purchased in the first place.. They only appear in the 'reading now' section and stay there till you erase them. Only way to get them back is to re-add them to your 'reading now' if it is still available as a free book at kobo.com.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I was pretty sure that they never appeared there, but I was hedging my bet . Thanks. Folks sometimes don't know that deleting a book on a device (reader, phone or tablet app) will result in the book disappearing from the desktop app as well on the next sync. If it is a purchased book from Kobo, you can get them back through the bookmarking process.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I think there was an issue with Kobo on Friday. Did a factory reset and had the same issues as described above and couldn't get all the books back on my KT, but it seems to be working again as of Saturday morning.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover

Still not working for me this morning, I chose to turn the Wi-Fi connection down on my Kobo Vox until the matter is resolve since I didn't use it after I found that problem and I still have all my books on it.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Yeah, definitely something going on here. I have 29 purchased books and when I look in my library now I only have 10...
trevormorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
ddanish
ddanish began at the beginning.

Ebooks suddenly disappeared from my library

I have had the same problem with my Kobo Touch this morning. All of a sudden, about 90% of the ebooks that I had saved in my library are gone. I checked "trash" in my library and none of them were there, but get this... I selected all items (only works one page at a time) and clicked on "undelete", then went back into "I'm Reading", and suddenly they were all back.

However, I then scrolled through and deleted a few that I thought I had gotten rid of before, and then my library had magically shrunk again. I went back into "trash" and undeleted again, and it restored a bunch. Sadly, I am still missing about 1/3 of them. Also, a bunch of my purchased items are missing from the "purchased" list too.

I sure hope they fix this soon, because I'm going to be VERY unhappy if I have to spend hours and hours trying to find all of these ebooks that I previously saved, not to mention the little problem of my purchased ebooks not showing up.
ddanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
Musashi
Zealot
Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Musashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4th Generation. Kindle Paperwhite.
In order to access a purchased eBook, the eBook needs to be on your I'M READING page. If you ever delete an eBook off your I'M READING page, please follow these steps to get the book back on your I'M READING page and into your account:

1. Go to the Kobo website (www.kobo.com) on your computer.
2. Sign into your Kobo account.
3. Search for the eBook in question (as though you are going to purchase it).
4. Go to the eBook page and press the pink SAVE FOR LATER button right below the cover image.
5. This will re-add the eBook to your I'M READING page and you will be able to read the eBook again!
Musashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 PM   #12
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
5. This will re-add the eBook to your I'M READING page and you will be able to read the eBook again!
Unfortunately there seems to be a sporadic issue currently and while your directions are correct under normal circumstances, if you read the previous posts closely (or try it yourself) you'll find that the books (at least currently) are missing from both "I'm reading" and "Purchase history" so doing what you suggest isn't currently possible.
While it was working for me this morning, it seems to be broken for me again this afternoon.

And for whatever reason the first 10 seems to be the magic number for what will show currently.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #13
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I'm in the same boat, mine appear to be there sometimes, but when I click on the second page, it breaks and I've only got 10.
trevormorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #14
ddanish
ddanish began at the beginning.

I found this link this morning: http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topi..._going_missing

As I suspected, Kobo is having "technical difficulties". I knew there had to be a reason that every time I navigated way from the "my library" page and back again, it would show me a different number of books!

Nothing to do now but wait for them to fix it.
ddanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
estelle58
Cat lover

Still not fixed today