Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Lester del Rey author tag

i wanted to sort by the author, Lester del Rey. so, i went to tags and there was no tag for him and since there are 8 books by him i didn't think that was correct. i finally found the tag in the R's. i have the name set as Lester del Rey and the author sort as del Rey, Lester. the preferences for mobi out is set for use author sort. the author sorts properly (as del) in both calibre and on my kindle. so it's just the tag that is misfiled.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i wanted to sort by the author, Lester del Rey. so, i went to tags and there was no tag for him and since there are 8 books by him i didn't think that was correct. i finally found the tag in the R's. i have the name set as Lester del Rey and the author sort as del Rey, Lester. the preferences for mobi out is set for use author sort. the author sorts properly (as del) in both calibre and on my kindle. so it's just the tag that is misfiled.
Did you fix it in the Tag Browser?
(Mine was wrong, also )
In Authors: right-click Manage Authors: Make it: del Rey, Lester

That put him (and my 4 books by him) in his place
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you fix it in the Tag Browser?
(Mine was wrong, also )
In Authors: right-click Manage Authors: Make it: del Rey, Lester

That put him (and my 4 books by him) in his place
yeah, fixed it just now (after reading your post). it worked fine but had i not been clued in by you that that was where the fix could be accomplished i might never have tried hard enough to do it. i ended up opening notepad and creating the correct entry and then copy and paste to the author sort field.

thanks
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote