Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 06:30 AM   #106
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Just use the usual shortcut Shift-Enter to switch between the two "layouts".
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #107
rafaelperon
rafaelperon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Didn't worked for me.
After the procedure, still not working AWDSX as a 5-way controller.

Where may I get it wrong?
rafaelperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #108
PSGrabber
PSGrabber began at the beginning.

I have physkeyb_3.4.6 installed on my Kindle (K3W, FW 3.4.1). It works fine and I am happy with it. Many thanks.
However, I have recently faced one problem. Prior to updating the official FW to 3.4.2, I decided to uninstall physkeyb and found that I cannot do this; namely, having copied update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_uninstall.bin to the root directory, I've found that the menu "Update your Kindle" remains grayed out. The jailbreak (0.11.N) is exactly the one on top of which I installed physkeyb two years ago.
I believe that physkeyb_3.4.6 will survive the update of FW to 3.4.2, but I feel uncomfortable having a hack on my device that I cannot uninstall. Any ideas of how to deal with this situation?
PSGrabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #109
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@PSGrabber: Repack the uninstall & install packages with KindleTool (there are examples of this in the last few pages of the KindleTool thread).

(Completely normal issue due to a shortcoming of the legacy packager and the massive jump in revision number in the latest FW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:45 AM   #110
PSGrabber

@NiLuJe: Great! Thank you so much
Advert
Old 02-21-2016, 04:36 PM   #111
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@PSGrabber: Since I fear we may not get much further on getting KindleTool to run on older MacBooks, here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_physkeyb_3.4.6-cs-sk_k3w_repack.zip (335.4 KB, 216 views)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:33 PM   #112
PSGrabber

oh, thank you
Old 05-19-2018, 11:23 PM   #113
nskmda
nskmda began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M90
Is there a cyrillic keyboard patch for Kindle DX Graphite (B009, with 3.4.2 firmware from K3)?
nskmda is offline   Reply With Quote