Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
Crashed reader wont reboot-help!

(Swearwords, expletives and shouts)
Was in the middle of reading a book I'd downloaded, which had been causing the reader some problems. I got to page 32 and the reader rebooted. I went back into the book, going to page 32 and just got the rotating arrows in the centre of the screen for far too long. Tried to switich it off, nothing, plugged it into the PC, nothing, tried a hard reset (which is not easy to do, need 3 hands!) still nothing. The battery was full, so what now? If only theyd made the battery accessible yso you could remove it and reboot like you can with a phone! At the moment its looking like its bricked-great!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
maybe the battery isnt as charged as you thought? got a power plug in for it or a psp?
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Cyclops
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
maybe the battery isnt as. charged as you thought? got a power plug in for it or a psp?
No as I said the battery was on full charge-its never gone below one bar as its attached to the PC quite often. Its sorted now- finally got it to reboot then deleted the corrupted file and downloaded it again.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
ok, that's good. phrewww moment there I bet.
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #5
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_T View Post
ok, that's good. phrewww moment there I bet.
Yea kinda-the reader is an early xmas prtessie off the missus- I'd be in bother if I'd fried it!
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #6
ExEmGe
ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ExEmGe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Not so bad as that, but I've just learned the hard way (whilst on holiday!) that an Apple iPod USB charger not only does not charge my 300 but actualy discharges it. That was using the Sony cable of course.
ExEmGe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExEmGe View Post
Not so bad as that, but I've just learned the hard way (whilst on holiday!) that an Apple iPod USB charger not only does not charge my 300 but actualy discharges it. That was using the Sony cable of course.
Sounds like the polarity is wrong-it needs to be centre pin positive, usually marked like this:
C.) with the . inside the C
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
If you read ExEmGe's post, it says using the Sony cable with the iPod charger... more likely to be a USB cable (hence the charge failure) rather than the barrel type connector that would work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
Sounds like the polarity is wrong-it needs to be centre pin positive, usually marked like this:
C.) with the . inside the C
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #9
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
The Sony cable is irrelevant... PRS300/600 readers either charge by USB when connected to a computer (not asleep or hibernating) or by barrel connector to use an external wall charger. Using a USB based wall charger will discharge it... that's why you've got both sockets... also using the barrel connector means you can still read whilst charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExEmGe View Post
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote