Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 06:27 AM   #1
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Question Roman Numerals for series and on book jacket

Please, advice.

My custom column show ok on my custom book jacket.

What to do to have the series with roman numeral like on info/metadata?

The code on \calibre\resources\jacket\template.xhtml is
Code:
<html xmlns="{xmlns}">
    <head>
        <title>{title_str}</title>
        <meta name="calibre-content" content="jacket"/>
        <style type="text/css" media="screen">{css}</style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="cbj_banner">
            <table class="cbj_header">
            	<tr>
            		<td class="cbj_title" colspan="2">{title}</td>
            	</tr>
                <tr>
                    <td  class="cbj_series" colspan="2">{series}</td>
                </tr>
            	<tr>
            		<td class="cbj_author" colspan="2">{author}</td>
            	</tr>
                <tr>
                	<td class="cbj_pubdata" colspan="2">{publisher} ({pubdate})</td>
                </tr>

<tr>
            		<td class="cbj_author" colspan="2"><hr class="metadata_divider" /></td>
            	</tr>

<tr class="cbj_rating">
                    <td class="cbj_label">{rating_label}:</td>
                    <td class="cbj_content">{rating}</td>
                </tr>
                <tr class="cbj_tags">
                    <td class="cbj_label">{tags_label}:</td>
                    <td class="cbj_content">{tags}</td>
                </tr>
                <div><b>{_fna_label}:</b> {_fna}</div>
            </table>
            <div class="cbj_footer">{footer}</div>
        </div>
        <hr class="cbj_kindle_banner_hr" />
        <!-- 
        In addition you can add code to show the values of custom columns here.
        The value is available as _column_name and the title as
        _column_name_label.  For example, if you have a custom column with
        label #genre, you can add it to this template with _genre_label and
        _genre. Note that the # is replaced by an underscore. For example

<div><b>{_fna_label}:</b> {_fna}</div>
        -->

<div class="cbj_comments">{comments}</div>
    </body>
</html>
Thank you
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Series shown in the lower Grey section comes from the STANDARD NCX

Preferences: Book details: <remove the Tick on the far right>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #3
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you @theducks!
What do you think, is posible to call/get that piece of info „series: Book IV of XXXXXX” to show on book jacket? Where to look?
Or is something that is strictly tied whit the resulted .epub book?
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Series shown in the lower Grey section comes from the STANDARD NCX

Preferences: Book details: <remove the Tick on the far right>
@theducks - Actually it comes from content.opf

Code:
<meta name="calibre:series" content="bankers"/>
<meta name="calibre:series_index" content="1.0"/>
@Arbait Can you confirm what you want in the Book Jacket

A) - La Boheme et I'vraie [4]
or
B) - La Boheme et I'vraie [IV]

If its A) then follow theducks advice.

If its B) then it could be argued the setting in Look & Feel Book Details should be honoured wherever series is shown - including the Book Jacket. You can request that it be fixed here ==>> Bugs : calibre

Otherwise, you might be able to write some code in template.xhtml to convert the floating point series number to Roman numerals, that's beyond my limited skills. But, you might find something in this thread ==>> Plugboard, template, and custom composite column recipes.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BR you are correct in that it is what WAS found in the OPF.

Changing the tick does not auto-magically change existing OPF's. Polish should force that action
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BR you are correct in that it is what WAS found in the OPF.

Changing the tick does not auto-magically change existing OPF's. Polish should force that action
What the L&F->Book Details tick does is to 'tell' calibre that when it displays series number, which is a REAL (float), it should display Roman numerals rather than decimal.

In the opf it it is shown as a decimal string. But in the various places the series is displayed - Book Details panel, Book Information (main gui and viewer) it is formatted into Roman, the Jacket is the exception. See attachments - immediately after a Polish with insert metadata and create jacket ticked.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	125403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	125404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	370
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	125405  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-15-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I don't use Roman Numerals for Series, which is probably why I have no issues with that.

I do (allow ) use of Roman Chapter numbers for some books.

My base REGEX search
Code:
<p class="\w">([CLXVI]{1,7})</p>
:
Old 07-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
Arbait
Connoisseur

Yes @BetterRed, i want to have B) - La Boheme et I'vraie [IV] on the Book Jacket, for aesthetic reasons and because this is the custom when we deal with books (paper).
I don t know how to request that to be fixed in Bugs : calibre, but i'm gonna ask/read how to do this.
Until then I will try to find a solution to convert the floating point series number to Roman numerals in the template.xhtml - if it is a way...?
Thank you guys for trying to help me with this problem, i appreciate the effort.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbait View Post
I don t know how to request that to be fixed in Bugs : calibre, but i'm gonna ask/read how to do this.
This section of the manual explains how to report a bug or request a new feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #10
Arbait
Connoisseur

Well, after ten days, they dont care to much about this bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1342916
Old 07-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Arbait
Connoisseur

I do not understand anything in this answer.
Code:
Kovid Goyal  Today at 3:51 PM
Conversion is completely independent of the user interface, as such it
cannot use options from the user interface to control its output. 

I will allow for the customization of the the series rendering via the
jacket template, however.

status wontfix

** Changed in: calibre
Or I understand that:
Bug is actually bug / The Bug is not actually a bug
There no solution to this problem / Sometime a solution would arise...
Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Your bug report asked Kovid to have generating the book jacket during conversion respect the check box in look and feel preferences. He answered that conversion cannot see user interface options, so what you asked for cannot be done. That is why your bug report is "wontfix".

He then goes on to say that an alternative exists that you did not ask for, changing the jacket template in some way to customize rendering (generating the display form of) the series to permit use of roman numeral indices. He will build that alternative at some point.

As an aside: I read your last two posts as hostile. You are getting free support for a free product. Kovid has every right to choose what to do and when to do it. Being insulting isn't the best way to move things forward. However, perhaps I am misconstruing your posts, in which case I apologize.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbait View Post
I do not understand anything in this answer.
Code:
Kovid Goyal  Today at 3:51 PM
Conversion is completely independent of the user interface, as such it
cannot use options from the user interface to control its output. 

I will allow for the customization of the the series rendering via the
jacket template, however.

status wontfix

** Changed in: calibre
Or I understand that:
Bug is actually bug / The Bug is not actually a bug
There no solution to this problem / Sometime a solution would arise...
My interpretation is that Kovid will make it possible to specify the 'format' of the series number in a customised jacket template.xhtml. My guess is that will be available in next weeks release.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-25-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #14
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
This change has been committed and will be in calibre's next release.

It simply won't be a preference -- it will be the default, and to undo it will be as simple as customizing the jacket template.xhtml

I think Kovid's explanation may have been confusingly technical.

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-25-2014 at 06:01 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM   #15
Arbait
Connoisseur

Thank you Kovid and all and IF my last posts sound as hostile is because is true, but ”hostile” just against me and myself, to be so stupid and to dont understand the answers.
In rest, im sincerely very grateful for all the help i get, „free support for a free product” as master charley said...
Thank you @eschwartz.