Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #1231
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@hfpop: I'm betting on the usual "we were too slow to init for the Kindlet framework's taste" on first boot issue. Either wait a bit after a reboot that the CPU settles, or try installing gawk, which might help a tiny bit.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #1232
Asparagus
Asparagus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Yes, you can use both methods to launch KOReader, there's no conflict.

Asparagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #1233
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@hfpop: I'm betting on the usual "we were too slow to init for the Kindlet framework's taste" on first boot issue. Either wait a bit after a reboot that the CPU settles, or try installing gawk, which might help a tiny bit.
You are right. Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:21 AM   #1234
fil9998
Enthusiast
fil9998 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
fil9998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #1235
KindleNewbie123
KindleNewbie123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (3rd Gen)
hi guys, first timer trying to jb/root here but can't get it to work.

I bought the Kindle DX (3rd gen) couple of days ago. Firmware says serial B009, ver 2.5.8. I rooted "update_jailbreak_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin" to my kindle root folder. Update was greyed out so I hit restart. Did not work. Restore back to factory settings.

I then tried 1) rooting the "update_jailbreak_0.11.N_dxg_install.bin" to root directory; 2) rooting the "Update_mkk-20140214-dx-B009_install.bin" to root directory; 3) root "KUAL -KDK-1.0.azw2" to the Documents folder directory of kindle. This time I saw Update and pressed that; did not work. I had KUAL show up as an option on menu after, but it got some message about contacting developer.

I wasn't sure about how to run the applet, as I could not find a software to run it or whatever.

Any tips? thanks guys
KindleNewbie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #1236
KindleNewbie123

registration

does the kindle need to be registered or not in order to run this hack? thanks
Old 03-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #1237
KindleNewbie123

checked around some more

checked all the website as I realized I'm getting the 0003 error, so not sure if the jail break was installed correctly. I just put all the install version files in the root as i found one woman posted. Now it restarted without the 0003 error but did not say anything this time? Maybe I got it right so I went on...

Attempted to do the MKK root first and did same thing with all files just to be sure. Restarted... calm.

Then finally tried to root the correct KUAL in documents and did the final restart. This time it gave me some message about this kindle is not registered as an experimental device, please contact (# for amazon technical) and ask them about it.

I'm stuck. Very worried, got the kindle all becuz of this KUAL THING!

Any further help appreciated!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #1238
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@KindleNewbie123-
That message indicates that the MKK installation failed...look inside the zip download and use the appropriate update file for your device.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 AM   #1239
KindleNewbie123

@shark

Thanks for the reply. I rooted all the mkk install bins because i tried both dx-b004 and dxg-boo9, and both did not seem to work as I remember. May try again.

Do you think that I can't put all the bin files in root? Which msg gives it away that I did not install the MKK correctly. Did I at least root the jail bait correctly as it gave me no sign that I did it right? Thanks for answering... been waiting desperately
Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #1240
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The Kindle installer system is likely to fail if more than one update package is present at the same time.

The "contact developer" message.
The MKK was missing, either because it was not installed or because the registration was changed since it was installed.

If the "Update your Kindle" button is not grayed out - then the device jail bait (sic) is installed and you have an install package present for your device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #1241
KindleNewbie123

@knc

First, thanks very much for helping.

Before I do anything, I just wanted to know if after I reset to factory, do I have to register it to me b4 jailbreaking?

I'll keep trying and post a solution if I find one for the DX 3rd Gen. Peace
Old 03-22-2014, 06:14 PM   #1242
KindleNewbie123

Kindle DX (3rd gen). v 2.5.8. Serial: B009

1. Reset to factory.
2. Registered.
3. Rooted DXG jail break file.
4. Update was on, updated.
5. Nothing happened. I checked settings and now Update is now GREYED OUT so hit upgrade. Then Restart.
6. Put the MKK B009 in root. Updated back, pressed it. Nothing happens. Hit upgrade (back on), than restart.
7. I noticed at this point that when I opened my kindle folder, the two things i just rooted are missing, cannot find them.
8. Went to put the KUAL file in documents, this time i only saw restart (hit), as well as seeing the KUAL file option on kindle menu.
9. Scrolled down to dev KUAL on menu. OMG WORKS. FKING GREAT. FINALLY.

10. Now the menu says KUAL 1 or something, clicked it and 3 menus pop out now:
a) No extensions found (ok im here now what do i do?)
b) Quit
c) /

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #1243
KindleNewbie123

ok nevermind, i figured it out. Thanks gosharks, knc1. Next rooted the Duokan 2013 (not sure how to dl the 2014 version). Into new folder that came up called extension.

However I'm confused about the Installation of DuoKan button.I pushed "Install DuoKan" and a "Add to Collection..." and "Open" or "Delete" menu shows up with version 2.3. Also a Kindle Launcher Logo on right side.

I tried pressing open and it brings me right back to the install duokan menu.

I tried adding collection with name dk and nothing works.

Is this mission complete?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:29 AM   #1244
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need to read the docs more carefully. It's explicitly stated on every hack thread that you:

• Need the exact correct file that matches your device's S/N
• Never, ever, ever, reboot with a custom .bin file
• That a greyed out "UYK" link means you've got the wrong .bin file for your model.

As for Duokan, you're not likely to hear much of anything about it from any of us, for various reasons.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #1245
dzoulias
dzoulias began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 WiFi 6"
Hello - A little bit of help required

Greetings.

Thank you all for the good work you do, in order for us to unlock the full potential of our Kindles.

And now to my issues:

I have successfully jailbroken my Kindle PW2 5.4.2.1.

I have installed MKK.

I have installed the KUAL Kindlet.

1. Light toggle does not work.
2. Kindle collections manager returns an error.
3. Hacked up reader showed once on the KUAL menu and then not.

Light toggle and the collections manager appear on the KUAL menu as well.

Is there something else I should have done? When I jailbroken it, it said *** JAILBREAK *** etc and KUAL runs. But no extensions run.

Should I use usbnet to do additional steps or it is not required.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.
dzoulias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified