Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Thumbs up

thank you very much for your explanations. That way to do will make it so more easy and fast what I was doing manually till then...

perhaps this post could become sticky as not to be lost
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #17
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184

Will try for a sticky on it
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I tried and it worked

really for all those tips
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
DaMastah
DaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Glo
Doesn't sem to work with my Kobo Glo.
I suppose it has something to do with the device 'KOBOTOUCH'...
DaMastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No.. Kobotouch is the name of the driver and is used for Glo / Mini and Touch.

Can you describe to us in detail what you have done, and what is happening?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
DaMastah
DaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it isDaMastah knows what time it is

I have done the exact steps you described while using the "{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title}" source template.

Then I cleared my whole library from the device, then re-synced it with Calibre.

I might have failed somewhere, will try the whole procedure again and keep you posted.

Thanks for your help
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
DaMastah

Works like a charm. Must have been some strange case of library corruption.

Now, with Calibre 0.9.1 autoshelves feature and your trick, my Kobo Glo is truly perfect !

Thanks for the tip, should be made a sticky ASAP
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

It is! see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193184
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #24
katytude
katytude began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Peter,

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, and everyone for all the tips!
katytude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #25
Davinia
Davinia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, Sony ereader, Pocketbook 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The steps I have done are the following
  1. Added a custom column to calibre
    • Preferences | Change Calibre Behaviour | Add your own columns
    • Select Add custom column
    • Select Tags in Quick create
    • I used Lookup Name myshelves and Column heading My Shelves
  2. Configured the Kobo Touch driver
    • Preferences | Advanced | Plugins
    • Expand Device Interface plugins section and look for KoboTouch driver
    • With KoboTouch highlighted, select Customize plugin
    • In the area for shelf info, type #myshelves, series
    • Select any other relevant options
Now, when you edit the metadata for a book, look for the Custom Metadata area (where it is found depends on the view you are using). In the field My Shelves type in whatever shelves you want the books to be placed.

If you do as I did and also add series to the driver options, a shelf will be created automatically for each book series, and the books added to that shelf.
I have done exactly this, but to no avail.

If I upload a book (with a tag in series AND my new kolom "verzamelingen") it uploads to my device with no tags at all in the collections collum. What am I doing wrong?
Davinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #26
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Make sure you have configured the right driver (there are two )and automatic management is set to on.

To be sure you have the right driver, with your device plugged in, click the down arrow beside device and configure it there.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinia View Post

If I upload a book (with a tag in series AND my new kolom "verzamelingen") it uploads to my device with no tags at all in the collections collum. What am I doing wrong?
I'd suspect you'll have to do it in two passes. The first pass uploads the books to your ereader. After that, you need to disconnect the ereader from your computer and your ereader will process the books and generate the database entries for them. The second time, there is the database entry for Calibre to enter the metadata into. If you enable automatic metadata management, the second pass should happen automatically when you reconnect your ereader. My preference is to disable the automation and use davidfor's Kobo utility to update the metadata.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 11-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Mine always worked on the first pass for collections I thought. Just needed the second pass for the kobo series info field. Maybe it's changed?

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #29
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Mine always worked on the first pass for collections I thought. Just needed the second pass for the kobo series info field. Maybe it's changed?

Helen
Nope; thats how it has been and still is. The collections work first time as the info required for it is the title of the book and the collection(s) it is in, and those are known when the book IS added.

The Series info however is stored in the database records created by the initial scan done when the Kobo processes the new books when it is disconnected.

Additionally, the collection info is reupdated whenever the device is detected by calibre as long as metadata management is set to automatic; in fact I use that fact for my automared Finished / Reading shelves; I connect the Kobo to calibre, use the Kobo Utilities to store the reading % info, then, without unplugging the Kobo I use the Kobo Utilities function "Refresh the list of books on the device" to update the collections on the device.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinia View Post

What exactly do you have in the shelf columns field of the configuration? When using a custom column, the name must have "#" at the start. If I read what you have written correctly, you should have:

Code:
series, #verzamelingen
If you do have that, the "Create Bookshelves" options is select and, on the "Sending books to devices" page, the "Metadata management" option is automatic, it should work.

Have you checked the shelves after disconnection? There was a bug where the collections column on the device list was sometimes empty for books in the library. I thought I had tracked it down, but maybe there is still there.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote