Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #16
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
daffy, what a nice thing you are doing for Dad.

There are a few Zane Grey stories at librivox.
https://catalog.librivox.org/search....&action=Search
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
daffy, what a nice thing you are doing for Dad.

There are a few Zane Grey stories at librivox.
https://catalog.librivox.org/search....&action=Search
Thanks for the suggestion Sis! I found a bunch of the books here in the MR library as well.

Of course, the tablet will be from both of us.

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-17-2013 at 11:32 AM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I help my mother with her T1. I do so in person, on the phone, and remotely accessing her computer. Works very well. I've not had to go over there because of a problem. Everything is done when I am there anyway or remotely (phone/net) and it works well that way. My mother is in her late 80s. She gets on very well with her T1.

I can easily see daffy's dad getting on well with his reading on the tablet once he gets used to the app chosen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Sis! I found a bunch of the books here in the MR library as well.
I'm sure he will enjoy them and the tablet, especially since it is from his daughter(s).
Quote:
Of course, the tablet will be from both of us.
Thanks Sis!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Wow, props to you both! I'm the resident tech support for my household, and it can get a little frustrating at times.

I like CoolReader, and also FBReader. FBReader doesn't leave the icons on the screen, but it's more compatible with Calibre metadata (or possibly I haven't found the right settings in CoolReader yet). In FBreader I can find a book by tag, series, author, title, genre and the filesystem. In CoolReader, I can only see how to find a book by title or author. FBReader also has much clearer settings and it's easier to change it between Night/Day mode than CoolReader. CoolReader can display books more nicely, but it's not as easy to use as FBReader I find.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #21
mobilelover
Enthusiast
mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobilelover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I think at this age the best one should download first is the dragon dictation and 4. Magnifying Glass app
mobilelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilelover View Post
I think at this age the best one should download first is the dragon dictation and 4. Magnifying Glass app
Thanks for the suggestion mobilelover. I believe Dragon Dictation is an iOS only app.

This is an Android tablet and has a lot of speech-to-text features built in (aside from the accessibility features).

I was able to bump the font size up system wide via the system settings. Nova Launcher and the Giganticon app allowed me to bump up the size of app icons throughout the system.

I'm not sure what "4" is. If you tell me what it is, maybe I can find a comparable Android app.

Thanks again.

Edit: I think I misread your sentence. I thought you were referring to an app but you're suggesting purchasing an actual magnifying glass.

Last edited by daffy4u; 06-21-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
forumshrew
forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.forumshrew understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Asus Transformer
Try Easy KJV Bible. It's free from Google Play. It is very easy to use and you just won't believe how large you can make the fonts
forumshrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #24
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumshrew View Post
Try Easy KJV Bible. It's free from Google Play. It is very easy to use and you just won't believe how large you can make the fonts
Thanks!