Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM   #16
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what Amazon did. I think there is more to the story than the version we got.
I don't think there is necessarily more to the story at all. There just seems to be a certain percentage of people searching the world for new things to take offence at. Amazon has done the right thing here. Including an actual live person contacting him by telephone!
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:29 AM   #17
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Nothing new here, and nothing wrong on Amazon part imho.

What is also not new is that someone would register at MR just to post a rant-thread against Amazon (or Apple, or B&N, have your pick), either inventing a whole story or concealing relevant facts, coming back to post more, and then disappear. I am thinking it is the same person over and over again....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
How dare Amazon protect my financial/credit interests in this creepy manner! I mean really... if they flag something as potentially fraudulent activity and it involves my credit card—I mean, what right do they have checking with me personally to make sure I'm the one who initiated the activity?! The nerve! Just ram that transaction through and let me worry about whether I want to sue them (Amazon) later for allowing the fraudulent use of my credit card/credentials! The idea that I might actually have to speak to someone I want to do business with in this day and age is just all icky-creepy 'ya ask me.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-02-2013 at 08:17 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #19
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

What is also not new is that someone would register at MR just to post a rant-thread against Amazon (or Apple, or B&N, have your pick), either inventing a whole story or concealing relevant facts, coming back to post more, and then disappear. I am thinking it is the same person over and over again....
I'm with you on this one. Especially since the OP has not decided to show back up and post anything else.

Move on!
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
There are web sites I closed then yrs later came back to. Thinking the org was closed I tried opening new ones. Only to run into what you did. Turns out the accounts were still on their computers & all I needed was to just re-open them again. Once I conferm I was me to them was no problem. Amazon has great CS and also has policies to protect YOU as you found out. I dont understand Why that upsets you.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:

No, no, no, no! It's not the same person over & over. There are a lot of idiots on this planet. If it was only one person so many people wouldn't so upset all the time after having dealt with an idiot. LOL OR said idiot has the ability to transport themself at the speed of light all around the world to annoy & irk the rest of humanity.

As I was reading the OP I kept saying what has already been asked - why would you close the account?? There's no need to formally close it and open another when you need to buy again. That's a red flag for any business. Once open it's there ready & waiting for you to buy, post, bid etc. Strange people!! eesh
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

Agree! Also why post a non-eBook related issue on a site dedicated to eReading? From the OP's short list of purchased items I saw no mention of eBooks or Kindles. Perhaps posting in the I'm a Confused Idiot forum would be more appropriate for the OP. I know we are not supposed to say troll, but it sure looks, smells, tastes, and writes like a troll...
Old 02-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #23
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Oddly similar to the couch-with-umbrella story that was posted here not so long ago. Register, rant, leave. The rant usually accuses Amazon of doing things wrong, when it's actually an error code 30 (cm in front of the computer).

Last edited by HYPE; 02-02-2013 at 01:22 PM.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #24
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sounds like pretty standard anti-fraud stuff. Lots of places will do this from time to time.

Good luck with the Nook, just hope you don't need customer service as it's not real great or consistent in my experience.
Yep, even banks do it on occasion. If you don't usually make a large withdrawl or spend large sums and you do so for a special occasion they may contact you to make sure it is you accessing your account.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #25
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It was an Amazon credit card and they were acting as the credit company.
My credit card company has put my card on hold several times if there's an unusual charge or something out of the ordinary. Last time I took a vacation out west I charged some gas and a few hotel rooms. About halfway through the week they put a hold on my card, just in case it had been stolen. A phone call fixed it. They also put a hold on my card when I ordered a magazine subscription through Zinio because it was an foreign address.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #26
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
and still somebody gave him/her karma...
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:50 AM   #27
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
yep...... I swear it was NOT me....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #28
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Totally agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I was so surprised too And it's a lot of karma!
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
yep...... I swear it was NOT me....
You could not have done it in one shot anyway. Unless you accidentally gave him Karma twice on different posts?

(wasn't me either - I could not have done it in all 3 posts)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #30
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Totally agree!

I was so surprised too And it's a lot of karma!
oh well. I had to wait 6 months to get my first 28 points...
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote