Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
KenDavies
KenDavies began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
iPad Collections and Calibre Series

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Calibre to export to iTunes to sync with the iPad. The syncing works except the series are not being converted to iBooks collections. I believe the problem may be related to a custom field I have created in Calibre to remind whether I have read the book or not (copied from a post on this forum). When Calibre transfers the book to iTunes everyone has a Category of "PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR Value: unknown field #read".

Is there any way of fixing this as I'd like to use Calibre to organise the iOS collections without sacrificing this useful "Read" field.

TIA
KenDavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Post the template you're using in the iTunes plugboard.

Do you have a custom column whose lookup name is 'read'?

Regardless the plugboard problem, calibre does not create collections in iBooks. You need to do that manually.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
KenDavies

Thanks for responding so quickly. The metadata template is

{#read:switch(Yes,Read,No,Reading,Unread)}

I must admit that I may have misunderstood this but in "Customize Apple iTunes Interface" there is an option to use the Series field as the iTunes/iBooks category and I thought this would create collections in iBooks.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
'Category' is the genre of the book, not a collection. This option is useful if you want to group all books of a series together in the same category. One of the grouping options in iBooks' list display is to display books by category.

With respect to your plugboard error, confirm that the lookup name of your custom column is in fact 'read'. The lookup name is not the display name.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 01-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
KenDavies

Thanks again. Ref your first paragraph, fair enough, my misunderstanding.

I'm not sure what you mean in your second paragraph as I am not that familiar with Calibre. I copied the rule from these forums and even then it was more luck than judgement that I got it working.

Tags
calibre, ibooks, ipad, itunes, sync