Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
MrBones
MrBones began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy 10.1, Kindle Key
Something hides folders/files

Sorry that my very first post here has to be a question, but I have used Calibre with my Kindle keyboard for two years and on my Galaxy 10.1 for months with no issue. This past week I purchased a Nexus 7 and last night was using Calibre to manage as I always have, but made the mistake of giving Calibre permission to manage my library on the device. I opened the file manager on the device and it only showed a couple of folders. I goofed!

I looked here and in the manual at the site and could not find a way to reverse the command so I did a factory restore.

If I inadvertently give Calibre permission again by mistake, how do I reverse it? Will the disabling of the plug in be enough?

By the way, great site here, with lots of helpful information. Thank you.

Last edited by MrBones; 12-16-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Change title to protect program (Calibre)
MrBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you dont want calibre to connect to a MTP device simply go to preferences->plugins and customize the mtp device interface plugin and tell it to ignore the device in question. But note that managing your device with calibre does not hide its files and folders.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
MrBones

Hmm, maybe first I should have installed a different file manager app.

I saw the "ignore the device" after I started the factory reset, while I was working on Calibre with the Galaxy.

Thank you for the response and the brilliant program!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
I saw the "ignore the device" after I started the factory reset, while I was working on Calibre with the Galaxy.
I don't know how you plan to manage your Nexus 7, but as long as you have wifi at your home I would recommend Calibre Companion android app. I use this App on my Nexus 7 and it couldn't be easier.

Good reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
MrBones

Moderators, how do I edit the thread title? I falsely accused a function of an app.

I will try the Calibre Campanion app. I now think I may know what I did wrong and it had nothing to do with Calibre.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
Moderators, how do I edit the thread title? I falsely accused a function of an app.

I will try the Calibre Campanion app. I now think I may know what I did wrong and it had nothing to do with Calibre.
Try editing your original post (advanced)

If that does not work, send me a PM with the new title, I will paste it in there for you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote